And That's a White Sox Winner !!

Missed most of the game because of the weird start time.  Went to grab some food after work and sat down to see an 8-1 game.  Nice.  Good job to keep putting the pressure on as well to the last out.  Lineup is legit not awful.  Pitching staff however and defense remains shakey AF.

Moncada having a monster game was great to see.  His LH swing is one of the prettiest in all of baseball.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Missed most of the game because of the weird start time.  Went to grab some food after work and sat down to see an 8-1 game.  Nice.  Good job to keep putting the pressure on as well to the last out.  Lineup is legit not awful.  Pitching staff however and defense remains shakey AF.

Moncada having a monster game was great to see.  His LH swing is one of the prettiest in all of baseball.

Great game against a team and pitcher we supposedly couldn't beat.  We even did it with Nova pitching who I'm not  very fond of.  Did you guys notice he pitches faster with a nice lead.  Maybe we should get him a nice lead whenever he pitches.

9 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Good win. We're due for a pleasant surprise. How bout it Tilson? Good start, now turn into Ralph Garr please.

Ha ha.  I remember Ralph Garr.  Worst defensive outfielder I've ever seen.  And remember, I'm a Sox fan.  I've seen Dan Pasqua, Daniel Palka, Ivan Calderon, Carlos Lee, Eloy, and, briefly, Carlton Fisk in left field.  For a fast guy, Garr was just miserable out there.  I'd settle for Tilson being a young John Jay.

8 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Ha ha.  I remember Ralph Garr.  Worst defensive outfielder I've ever seen.  And remember, I'm a Sox fan.  I've seen Dan Pasqua, Daniel Palka, Ivan Calderon, Carlos Lee, Eloy, and, briefly, Carlton Fisk in left field.  For a fast guy, Garr was just miserable out there.  I'd settle for Tilson being a young John Jay.

When Jeff Torborg moved Ivan out of right field (he told me he was misplaced out there) he became a damn good left fielder made sensational catch after sensational catch during that 1990 season.

If Nova could pitch against Cleveland every game he'd be a 20 game winner.

Unfortunately that's not the case.

Wonder if Indian fans are starting to call him "Cy Nova" derisively like Sox fans used to call guys like Joe Mays and Bruce Chen, mediocre junk balling pitchers who somehow always made the Sox look like a bunch of stiffs.

2 hours ago, Timmy U said:

I forgot about Fisk. That experiment didn't last, did it? As I recall he was a catcher til the end and the end finally came cause he couldn't catch the ball any more.

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

I forgot about Fisk. That experiment didn't last, did it? As I recall he was a catcher til the end and the end finally came cause he couldn't catch the ball any more.

Who would look at Yogi Berra and think left fielder.

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

I believe his knees went. 

12 hours ago, greg775 said:

After 24 seasons in the bigs as a catcher...it's understandable that his knees were shot. IIRC...he lost a nut too taking a foul ball off his cup...ouch.  My 2nd all time favorite Sox player. Can't believe the dude is 71 years old.  He was a stud...

14 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Wow, for real?  People are crazy and SM makes it way worse. 

yeah...some really nasty stuff thrown at him too. Feel bad for the dude honestly...nobody deserves that kind of crap.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Nova .5 fWAR and a 4.26 xFIP.  Not bad.  So far a dumpster dive that is working out alright.  Helps when the team plays good defense behind him, which for the most part happened last night.

Not really a dumpster dive. Sox did trade a low level minor leaguer and intl. money for his $9M salary and 1 year of service. Hopefully ( I say that a lot ) this last game is him regressing positively.

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not really a dumpster dive. Sox did trade a low level minor leaguer and intl. money for his $9M salary and 1 year of service. Hopefully ( I say that a lot ) this last game is him regressing positively.

Nova is a free agent after this season.  Unless you think the Sox have a legitimate shot at the playoffs this year, it doesn't really matter.

Edited by Harper2Sox