5/28 Games

soxfan49

Robert has to be a top 5 prospect once vlad, Eloy, Tatis all graduate. Looking through stats of the other guys I’ve seen people still putting ahead of him (Royce Lewis, Franco, Kirilloff, Adell, drew waters), very few are as deserving as he is when you consider all the tools he’s showing. Wander Franco and Gore look like the only ones who you could safely put ahead of him and that’s just because of age. 

3 minutes ago, MyNamesRod said:

Robert has to be a top 5 prospect once vlad, Eloy, Tatis all graduate. Looking through stats of the other guys I’ve seen people still putting ahead of him (Royce Lewis, Franco, Kirilloff, Adell, drew waters), very few are as deserving as he is when you consider all the tools he’s showing. Wander Franco and Gore look like the only ones who you could safely put ahead of him and that’s just because of age. 

Mize will be higher, and Kelenic could also 

12 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Where is Madrigal on these lists?

Do you have something to say that you haven’t already said 7,373,662,738,737 times?  You’re a broken record and about as useful as one.   

Edited by default
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

"These people, they are celebrating Robert's walk-off, yes?"
"Correct."
"Have they mentioned Nick Madrigal?"
"No? Winston-Salem had the day off."
"I should bring him up."
"Ah shit, here we go again."

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Is this just your schtick? Repetitive snarky toxic comments with little to no substance? I mean at least Fathom is funny and can add intelligent discourse to a topic with his negativity. You bring nothing of worth to this message board and are the most deserving person to add to an ignore list since Insp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

"These people, they are celebrating Robert's walk-off, yes?"
"Correct."
"Have they mentioned Nick Madrigal?"
"No? Winston-Salem had the day off."
"I should bring him up."
"Ah shit, here we go again."

I was responding to MyNamesRod and Fathom because they mentioned some other prospects in his same class (e.g., Mize and Kelenic).  I’m not worried about Robert at all.  He’s legit.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

24 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Is this just your schtick? Repetitive snarky toxic comments with little to no substance? I mean at least Fathom is funny and can add intelligent discourse to a topic with his negativity. You bring nothing of worth to this message board and are the most deserving person to add to an ignore list since Insp.

I asked a simple question.  Sounds likes you guys aren’t very high on his chances judging by your flippant responses.  I figured it would be okay to ask about another prospect that the team may have penciled in to play 2B rather soon considering they currently have Yolmer there.

EDIT:  Pardon my intrusion.  A lot of info on Madrigal in the 5/27 Games thread.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

7 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I asked a simple question.  Sounds likes you guys aren’t very high on his chances judging by your flippant responses.  I figured it would be okay to ask about another prospect that the team may have penciled in to play 2B rather soon considering they currently have Yolmer there.

EDIT:  Pardon my intrusion.  A lot of info on Madrigal in the 5/27 Games thread.

Can you at least keep your garbage on the main board? 

48 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

The catcher never caught the ball, but I think you’re right that the slide somehow snuck in there anyway. 

Ha, trying to parse together what happens in Birmingham video is so tough

10 hours ago, fathom said:

Mize will be higher, and Kelenic could also 

I’m not sure they should be though. Mize is pitching extremely well but he’s a pitcher (lists are usually dominated by position players) and he’s striking out less that 9 batter per 9 innings. As for kelenic, I don’t see any reason for why he would be. Roberts tools across the board all seem better and while kelenic is really young still, he’s only performed in low A ball to this point. Robert tore up A+ and is doing extremely well in AA

16 hours ago, bmags said:

Sosa HR 👍

Dude killed it, as did Alfaro (I was at this whole series)...just as Dawkins and Destino did prior nights, all their homers were absolute bombs...KAN was hitting the ball real hard last night (6/28)

15 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

Sorry if I missed it, but when is Bush due back?

He's traveling with KAN, must be soon luckily

13 hours ago, MyNamesRod said:

Robert with another double. Can’t wait to see how he hits with the juiced balls in Charlotte 

This guy really will be up y September

13 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Robert looking like a top 10 prospect in all baseball (and stay healthy knocking on wood) is sorta making up for all the other problems.  

Can't wait for him on the SouthSide

12 hours ago, fathom said:

That’s a bad man

Understatement

• Like 1

Saw KAN for the final time:

- Sam Long was consistently hitting 94

- Andrew Perez topped at 95

- McClure sat around low 90's in shit weather

- Zangari fouled one off his groin area last night late in the game and stayed in after catching his breath, such a good guy and easy to root for...Hope he turns it around, kid is massive...Zangari, Curbelo, Alfaro all were once hyped and struggling bad at KAN

- Lenyn Sosa looks older than 19

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

- Zangari fouled one off his groin area last night late in the game and stayed in after catching his breath, such a good guy and easy to root for...Hope he turns it around, kid is massive...Zangari, Curbelo, Alfaro all were once hyped and struggling bad at KAN

I like him alot. Think he'll eventually make it to the show down the road. 

10 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Good, he's starting to fill out.

He's fought back so hard this year. I really hope he keeps it up. If he can finish year above .700 ops that's a huge win.