Blue Jays must Find a US home field

SCCWS

Buffalo needs lighting upgrades, Rochester is the backup backup. Any minors park needs the play review equipment installed. Florida is too poisoned. The players want a major league park but who wants to bring more teams into their home park. That could be difficult. 

Edited by pcq

2 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Oh, so Canada is too good to have any Americans go there right now? Screw em. Strip them of the "Toronto" in their name this year or don't let them play. 

Yes. They controlled a deadly virus and we didn’t. And the franchise clearly gets to decide what they’re called based on the “Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim” precedent. They are the Torotno Blue Jays as long as Joe Carters jersey says that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Oh, so Canada is too good to have any Americans go there right now? Screw em. Strip them of the "Toronto" in their name this year or don't let them play. 

Not too fun turning out to be the s-hole country...but any reasonable country in the world, whether Mexico, Japan, South Korea, the DR or Cuba would make the exact same health care decision.   Why would you out the lives of thousands of citizens at risk for a sport ruled by billionaires and played by deca millionaires?

• Thanks 1

I agree that Canada has every right to protect their citizens how they choose. 

Not sure how much of a factor, but I would assume the AL East contenders get a boost w Toronto losing their "home field" advantage. There isn't a fan impact but the travel aspect will be a hindrance. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Buffalo, Manchester, Charlotte, and Brooklyn are my guesses (in order) for where the Jays will end up.

It's probably the cheapest and easiest option to reschedule the Buffalo games during the day if the lights are no good.

15 minutes ago, Quin said:

Buffalo, Manchester, Charlotte, and Brooklyn are my guesses (in order) for where the Jays will end up.

I wonder in what shape the Newark Bears stadium is in.

Rutgers Baseball stadium too.

15 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Said the old crank at the end of the bar. Glug-Glug

15 hours ago, Texsox said:

In a year that nothing seems to meet standards, I wonder if in the end MLB is going to stick to their policy or make a one season exception. 

It's not MLB who would care, it's Sportsnet.  Minor league parks don't meet the standard for Major League level broadcasts.  

Pittsburgh and Baltimore are the favorites, as both have hotels steps away from the park, eliminating the need to an auxiliary clubhouse.