Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

 

The Royals were playing him....to hit the other way on the double to LF? WTF? They think he sprays the ball the opposite way that much? My goodness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, black jack said:

It's pretty crazy how Moncada is almost an after thought on this team now. 

haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eloy looks so much more comfortable up there than last year as a rookie.  You can see it in his approach and the way he just lets the ball come to him and hits what is there.  He did it in spurts last year, but he has pretty much looked like that in every AB so far this year.  In complete control.

And I don't know what to say about Lou B💣b.  The guy is just incredible.  I have not witnessed a rookie on the White Sox that looked this impressive their first 6 games.  I was around for Frank Thomas as a rookie but waaaay to young to know what was going on.  Robert has way better plate skills than I thought he would at this stage in his career.  He can hit to all fields with extreme power, can lay off some nasty breaking stuff, hit pretty much any hanger out there, and the jumps he gets in CF are as good as advertised.  Very excited to see Eloy, Robert & Moncada for awhile.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will preface my happiness by reminding everybody that the Royals have one of the worst teams in baseball, likely THE worst. And we were in the process of blowing a 7-run lead at one point just as last night we couldn't put KC away after the 3-run Engel homer.

Enough of the negativity. ...

All of our superstar candidates played like the future superstars they are. ... Starting pitching was good enough, actually excellent. .... Don't give Heuer that much credit just cause he hits 99 tonight. He still gave up some hits. ... Glad to see Jose get two hits and Grandal showed why he is worth that big contract.

I would applaud the White Sox for dusting off a bad baseball team two nights in a row. It'd be nice to sweep this wretched ballclub, but no matter what 2 of 3 isn't bad. I sorely want to get over .500 and stay there until the season is called cause of virus spread.

GO SOX!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SouthWallace said:

 

How did he get a save when the game was won by 6 runs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hi8is said:

How did he get a save when the game was won by 6 runs?

I have been wondering that all night lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hi8is said:

How did he get a save when the game was won by 6 runs?

He can into the game with a three run lead and the Sox proceeded to score four in the top of the 9th.  He was still eligible for the save.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R/baseball is in awe of Luis this game. Or in fear if they're the AL Central.

Also, some comments about the Sox booth being underrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

Good point. Time to bump my post in the Anderson IL thread in hopes that it comes true!

Yeah because Tim was only hitting **checks notes** .333 after a year where he hit 335. I could see why everyone thinks he doesn't belong somewhere or deserve something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hi8is said:

How did he get a save when the game was won by 6 runs?

It was a save situation when he entered the game.  Seems adding 4 runs In the next half inning doesn’t change that?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah because Tim was only hitting **checks notes** .333 after a year where he hit 335. I could see why everyone thinks he doesn't belong somewhere or deserve something.

I’m one of Timmy’s biggest fans. Not sure how you took my comment as a criticism of him. A guy with a great average who doesn’t walk much isn’t the best option for a leadoff hitter. I don’t think many people would argue that. 

Robert (most likely) also isn’t suited to be a leadoff hitter. But the offense had been struggling, and I was hoping Robert could have some good games at the top of the lineup, which could possibly give a jolt to the offense. It was nothing more than me trying hard to find a little optimism in the terrible news that Timmy was heading to the IL. 

I think you’re used to TA taking shit from a lot of posters here and lumped me into that group while overreacting to my innocent comment. 

Either way, let’s hope the offense keeps rolling today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I’m one of Timmy’s biggest fans. Not sure how you took my comment as a criticism of him. A guy with a great average who doesn’t walk much isn’t the best option for a leadoff hitter. I don’t think many people would argue that. 

Robert (most likely) also isn’t suited to be a leadoff hitter. But the offense had been struggling, and I was hoping Robert could have some good games at the top of the lineup, which could possibly give a jolt to the offense. It was nothing more than me trying hard to find a little optimism in the terrible news that Timmy was heading to the IL. 

I think you’re used to TA taking shit from a lot of posters here and lumped me into that group while overreacting to my innocent comment. 

Either way, let’s hope the offense keeps rolling today!

If your OBP is over 350 it really doesn't matter how you achieve it. Neither tim or Robert are patient. Robert saw 10 pitches in 6 at bats.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If your OBP is over 350 it really doesn't matter how you achieve it.

Agreed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Texsox said:

To all the haters, the team is undefeated with Madrigal in the lineup. He combined with Jimenez for four hits and four RBIs tonight. 

😏

Bwaha!  

 

Post of the Week!

Edited by black jack
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×