Rodon leaves game early, Dunning next up?

southsider2k5

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Who then?  They need to leave Detwiler where he is.  Despite not wanting that guy anywhere near the MLB roster, he's been quite good and I don't see a reason to fuck with that.  With Lambert Hurt, Dunning and Flores apparently not the one, and Lopez/Rodon IL'd, is Clayton Richard the only option?  

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Who then?  They need to leave Detwiler where he is.  Despite not wanting that guy anywhere near the MLB roster, he's been quite good and I don't see a reason to fuck with that.  With Lambert Hurt, Dunning and Flores apparently not the one, and Lopez/Rodon IL'd, is Clayton Richard the only option?  

Foster as an Opener for 3 innings and a couple innings for Detwiler?

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Sounds like dead arm from the short ramp up+Rodon coming off TJS. 

This is probably the reason why they don't show pitcher velocities in ST broadcasts. 

Could be. Remember he had a bursa removed which will predispose him to this type of thing. Regardless of spring training.

15 hours ago, turnin' two said:

I think they're keeping the lid on a nearly done deal for deGrom.  

Gosh what would we have to give... Kopech, Vaughn ++.. Would have to be very similar to the Sale deal.   It would make me very nervous to do that...... Plus, they don't need Vaughn.. Unless they think they can hid him in LF (maybe a possibility?).

I guess they could try and keep Vaughn and trade a Kopech, Crochet, one of the HS pitchers (Kelley, Dalquist, Thompson).. But many teams could beat that... I'd prefer that to the Vaughn.. ANYWAYS, this isn't happening... Why do I keep contributing to this idea.. GRRR

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin