Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

missed 100% of this game, but thoroughly enjoyed the push notifications

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The crazy thing is the Sox are 8-3 on the road so far this season.

*insert attendance joke here regarding the Sox never having a home field advantage anyway*

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The switch has been flipped or something along those lines.

Until the next loss when everyone freaks out and wants to FIRE EVERYBODY!

Just now, ptatc said:

it's one thing to lose it's another to lose in the manner they were doing it.  that's what I think most of us complainers were b****ing about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, ptatc said:

They won today and yesterday and I'm still firmly in the fire Ricky camp.  They're winning in spite of him, not because of him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

it's one thing to lose it's another to lose in the manner they were doing it.  that's what I think most of us complainers were b****ing about.

Maybe recently, but overall there's always freaking out whenever a loss happens. The shortest game threads are wins. People go nuts over every loss. I'm not picking on any one person just entertained by the whole concept. I truly think most posters here can't just sit and enjoy a game. But I guess that's just passionate fans.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Maybe recently, but overall there's always freaking out whenever a loss happens. The shortest game threads are wins. People go nuts over every loss. I'm not picking on any one person just entertained by the whole concept. I truly think most posters here can't just sit and enjoy a game. But I guess that's just passionate fans.

Every game feels like a playoff game, at least to me, leads to some emotion.

1 minute ago, Perfect Vision said:

They won today and yesterday and I'm still firmly in the fire Ricky camp.  They're winning in spite of him, not because of him.

And before this it was Ventura and before that it was Ozzie. The manger in baseball means very little. Especially in today's game runs by the statisticians. I'm not a fan of Renteria per se but when players are slumping there isn't much too do.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Every game feels like a playoff game, at least to me, leads to some emotion.

It's not like this is unique to this year. Like i said i get it . I'm just not as emotional and the wild swings of emotions during the games is entertaining.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Mendick is doing a helluva job in the Yolmer role, pleasant surprise honestly looks like a solid utility guy with a 8 year career in front of him.

Once Mendick dumps a gallon of milk down his pants, we'll start talking

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Mendick is doing a helluva job in the Yolmer role, pleasant surprise honestly looks like a solid utility guy with a 8 year career in front of him.

Can he play shortstop at all though? That really is important in his true use. Mendick and Engel should absolutely be on this roster the next couple seasons with defensively ability and decent at bat potential. 

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Spot on.  It is how they were losing that was so infuriating.  1-0 hard fought losses to a good MKE team is tolerable.  Playing like sloppy shit against bad teams is unnaceptable at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MEANS said:

The RF corpse has a pulse! 

He does remind me so much of when Claudell Washington used to be out there. Maybe some Alex Rios too.