Orlando

Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

2 years of control remaining after this year.

He's hitting .188 so hard pass. 

No. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

He's hitting .188 so hard pass. 

No. 

He has a .339 OBP

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

He has a .339 OBP

He does, but I've seen that movie with Dunn and I don't want another ticket. Not at the prices in this thread. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Kopech is too unstable to have a substantial career. He should be available. Tough luck. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, pcq said:

Kopech is too unstable to have a substantial career. He should be available. Tough luck. 

Based off what? Opting out? C'mon man.

• Love 1

After what I’ve seen from Dunning, I don’t want to see him traded.  If one of him, Kopech, or Stievers will be traded, I think Dunning needs to remain a Sox.

Trading Kopech to Cleveland would be a huge mistake. With their pitching development he'll probably win multiple Cy Young awards there.

With how good Dunning has looked, I don't see a reason to make a trade where'd you give up a Kopech, Vaughn, or Dunning. Just sign a FA pitcher in the offseason and keep the prospects

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Based off what? Opting out? C'mon man.

Probably that, plus punching a teammate, plus dating reality stars...plenty of yellow flags for that guy. 

I am very, very high on Michael Kopech. He is damn near untradeable for me. Unless the Sox know his "issues" are that severe then he absolutely should be staying here.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I am very, very high on Michael Kopech. He is damn near untradeable for me. Unless the Sox know his "issues" are that severe then he absolutely should be staying here.

You’d pass on a chance to drop Mike Clevinger into the rotation in the hopes he can string together some starts for the Sox?

2 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

You’d pass on a chance to drop Mike Clevinger into the rotation in the hopes he can string together some starts for the Sox?

String together? Dude is more than likely going to be controlled through 2026. 

• Like 2

I just want to go on the record that I don't want to make a trade. Let this year play out. See what you have over ... hopefully 70 games or so, and then regroup in the off season and see where we stand with Covid, with team's budgets, with our own budget, etc. There may be some teams that are looking to shed salary after this year & could be prime for trades. No reason to win the Covid WS this year ... 

However guys I am okay trading:

Mendick - his value is higher than it'll probably be in the future & althoguh i like him in the Leury mode those type of guys can be found on the cheap plus we have a pretty solid lineup at this point with no real openings in the future

Kopech - not really, but kind of. i really want him to do well, but if the right offer comes, MAYBE you listen

Rutherford - he's probably not the answer & if he has ANY value left, you may want to try and explore that. 

Guys I don't want to trade:

Adolfo - his value isn't enough and there's still a glimmer of hope he can be something. 

Vaughn - he's just so polished (from what weve heard) - he's got a spot next year. Let's just keep him. 

Cease - again, let's see what we have. No rush. This is not the season. 

Burger - not because i think he's going to be a star or anything, but his value is zero at this point, so let's not include him. 

Wouldn't be surprised after these 2 games that Hahn and company trade for bullpen help.

Honestly I hope Not Steve is right that we are talking to the D Backs about Starling Marte. That’s who we should have acquired in the first place for RF... he would literally make this lineup a complete, no easy out lineup... aside from maybe EE. 

Edited by Soxnfins

3 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Honestly I hope Not Steve is right that we are talking to the D Backs about Starling Marte. That’s who we should have acquired in the first place for RF... he would literally make this lineup a complete, no easy out lineup... aside from maybe EE. 

Marte would definitely be a nice get. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Now that we’re back in 1st place, go get us Lynn Hahn!

Find a way to get Lynn without giving Dunning and I'll be ecstatic

• Like 1
  • Love 1

In crawling around Rangers blog (fan posts) there seems to be interest in Jared Kelley, WS 2nd round pick and Texas native. First prize for most of their fans would be Kopech.

1 minute ago, turnin' two said:

He can't be traded.

Just now, Flash said:

PTBNL?

He can't be traded until after the World Series. They amended the rule because of the Trea Turner trade back in 2015.

Please be advised that the Commissioner’s Office and the Players Association have agreed to amend the Major League Rules in advance of this year’s Rule 4 Draft with respect to players-to-be-named-later (“PTBNLs”) under Rule 12(e)(2), and the trading of draft picks under Rule 3(b)(6). …commencing with players eligible for the 2015 Rule 4 Draft, (a) players selected in the Draft may be traded beginning on the day following the conclusion of the World Series, and (b) drafted players cannot be PTBNLs unless they otherwise could be traded pursuant to Rule 3(b)(6), as amended, at the time of the trade.

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

He can't be traded until after the World Series. They amended the rule because of the Trea Turner trade back in 2015.

Thanks. Quite a few Texas bloggers are holding out hope. They also like Yermin Mercedes. Might be able to pull off Steiver and Mercedes for Lynn. Also, might be able to pry away a relief pitcher if Dunning and Mercedes.