Sox vs Pittsburgh 8/25 game thread 7:10 first pitch

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

And heck, I'm happy for the guy. Really gotten to like McCann as a player and teammate in his time here. Ill hate to see him go but excited for him to get paid and rewarded for all his hard work.

Let's get him a ws ring as a going away present 😁

• Love 1

An absolute gem and Giolito will definitely be recruiting both McCann and Hahn next year for James to come back.   I agree with most that I just don't see why McCann would want to come back if he gets some starting C options.

13 minutes ago, BFirebird said:

An absolute gem and Giolito will definitely be recruiting both McCann and Hahn next year for James to come back.   I agree with most that I just don't see why McCann would want to come back if he gets some starting C options.

Should want and deserves an "office" of his own.  An All-Star catcher for goodness sake!  I wish him the best is often said insincerely, but not this time.

Edited by Stinky Stanky
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BFirebird said:

I agree with most that I just don't see why McCann would want to come back

McCann  wants to get paid. He does not give a shit about being the exclusive starting catcher who has to catch 120+ games a year in his 30's.

Extend McCann for 3 years.  It is a small insurance policy against  Grandal getting old, getting  injured and  Collins sucking.

6 minutes ago, tray said:

McCann  wants to get paid. He does not give a shit about being the exclusive starting catcher who has to catch 120+ games a year in his 30's.

Extend McCann for 3 years.  It is a small insurance policy against  Grandal getting old, getting  injured and  Collins sucking.

These guys don't get to be elite professional athletes by not caring about starting and playing. That's the competitive nature that drives them.

13 minutes ago, tray said:

Well catching games gets you paid. Not being a backup. 

12 minutes ago, tray said:

If he wants to get paid, he is also thinking of the contract beyond this next one, and being a lesser of a platoon situation isn't going to do it.

9 hours ago, gusguyman said:

have you, idk, tried explaining it? lol

lol

I did.... she does not u/s why its a big deal as long as we're winning.

Mind you, I met her when she moved back to FL from Chicago and she is a Cub's "fan". So, of course she does not get it.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic