bmags

Trade Watch Rumor

Just now, fathom said:

As Tony said earlier,  this is fine but they better spend on upgrades this offseason at SP and RF.

Bingo. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Big oof on Daniels' part. You gotta trade Lynn. Maybe the returns weren't as expected, but I don't think that Rangers team is competing next year. 

He's still tradeable in the off season with his low salary next year. Probably thought they could get a better deal then.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

Wasn't that enthused about Lynn so glad they didn't over pay.  Kinda bummed they didn't address the rotation or RF at all.

Edited by SouthWallace

I guess Texas feels they can probably do better in the offseason since Lynn still has another year left on his contract. 

• Like 1

Just now, bmags said:

Lol I love how this 1960s business axiom still sticks around against all odds.

We all know Lance Lynn will draw crowds for a last place or next-to-last place team.

• Like 1

Well, my gear is that our guys aren't capable of making those put you over the top moves. Many teams have had loaded rosters and don't win because they can't get over the jump. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

A deal must be still coming...no way they would be quiet for this long if something didn’t go through

that part is weird to me, usually Hahn does send out the message that nothing worked out. But not holding my breath just frantically command+R'ing

• Like 1

Minor could have gotten them way more last year when he was pitching well. They waited too long and gave him away for scraps. The same could happen for Lynn next year. 

Just now, chw42 said:

Minor could have gotten them way more last year when he was pitching well. They waited too long and gave him away for scraps. The same could happen for Lynn next year. 

If it does, good thing the Sox didn't meet the asking price.

Just now, bmags said:

that part is weird to me, usually Hahn does send out the message that nothing worked out. But not holding my breath just frantically command+R'ing

Him sending out that message is like clockwork normally

Just now, chw42 said:

Actually thought Minor could have been a good buy low guy today

Just now, ChiSox1917 said:

Dumb move by the rangers.  Lynns trade value plummets with only one year left and being 34 yrs old

He has 4 starts left this year. how much was a team really willing to pay extra for four starts?

I always enjoy the sanctimonious tweets condescending to fans about being sensible and not freaking out about a trade not being made and...

zero tweets from any sox fan freaking out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Feels like we haven’t heard from rick in 6 months

Just now, ChiSox1917 said:

Dumb move by the rangers.  Lynns trade value plummets with only one year left and being 34 yrs old

It's only 7 fewer starts. A playoff start or 2, I will give you, but I am sure owners are worried there might not be fans in the stands for at least a portion of next season. If they get some clarity on that over the winter, someone may bite.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He has 4 starts left this year. how much was a team really willing to pay extra for four starts?

I mean, he does get to pitch in the post season which has tremendous value

What blows my mind is how many people on this board seem to think Lynn is some ho him pitcher or something. The man is very good, well well above average. Could make the argument he would have at least temporarily been our number one starter. 

13 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Stick a fork in not Cishek’s credibility.

I think he deleted his account hahaha

edit: nope nevermind. 

Edited by Blackout Friday