MLB 2020-21 off season catch all

southsider2k5

3 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

Free agency is going to go deep into May or June this year with the way things are going.

I wouldn’t be surprised if owners drag this out and start Spring Training sometime after July 4th again. They can keep moving the goal posts, saying they need to start after fans can attend without restrictions in all 30 stadiums. The usual suspects here will side with Jerry and Manfred.

Owners wish to destroy any cushion players could save prior to CBA discussions. Jerry didn’t give a rats ass that he destroyed 1994, was upset a Latina Judge b****slapped owners, before they could destroy 1995 and beyond.

Jerry didn’t care that he had a championship caliber core before then, and he doesn’t give a rats ass that he may have one now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Damn, was hoping he’d be back as depth for the pen. He really looked good when given the opportunity last year. 

Rossy has joined my list of unlikely short-term heroes which I found it enjoyable to root for.  This list includes DJ Carrasco, Luis Vizcaino, Dylan Axelrod, Scott Carroll, Zach Putnam, and the still-breathing Evan Marshall.

46 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Rossy has joined my list of unlikely short-term heroes which I found it enjoyable to root for.  This list includes DJ Carrasco, Luis Vizcaino, Dylan Axelrod, Scott Carroll, Zach Putnam, and the still-breathing Evan Marshall.

Carrasco was the best Longman ever. Multiple times he pitched the sox back into a game they had given up on.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Carrasco was the best Longman ever. Multiple times he pitched the sox back into a game they had given up on.

One of my most hated moments as a Sox fan was when KW non-tendered DJ Carrasco because he was projected to earn $1M in arb.  Of all of the cheap and petty moves...

It reminds me (given the season) of the time Clark W. Griswold was given a subscription to a jelly-of-the-month club instead of a Christmas bonus he was relying upon to put in a pool.  Also reminds me of dumping buyouts recently and using Edwin Jackson to dump Mark Teahen's deal which they had zero reason to offer in the first place.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Ross had a very strange 2020. He looked very good at times that made me wonder where is the old Ross Detwiler ? His walks were down his K's were up. He wasn't giving up the long ball. Then he had a small rough patch and was basically ignored until they DFA him and Cishek at the same time while opting to use Crochet and Rodon and the outlook on Bummer was becoming clearer. Don't remember much about the thread after that happened. I think it was mostly like "it's about time" on Cishek and a bit of puzzlement on Detwiler. After the playoff loss to Oakland I found myself wondering if Ross over Rodon might have made a difference.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

3 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

One of my most hated moments as a Sox fan was when KW non-tendered DJ Carrasco because he was projected to earn $1M in arb.  Of all of the cheap and petty moves...

It reminds me (given the season) of the time Clark W. Griswold was given a subscription to a jelly-of-the-month club instead of a Christmas bonus he was relying upon to put in a pool.  Also reminds me of dumping buyouts recently and using Edwin Jackson to dump Mark Teahen's deal which they had zero reason to offer in the first place.

Aw, man. I almost forgot about Teahen. That was so brutal. 

5 hours ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Damn, was hoping he’d be back as depth for the pen. He really looked good when given the opportunity last year. 

The Sox released him before the playoffs, he wasn't coming back. Ross was a much better option out of the pen vs. Rodon who should never have been brought up at the end of the season.

Ross also could have thrown a few innings in Game 3. Then again, the Sox would have advanced if Keuchel wasn't complete garbage in Game 2.

On 12/31/2020 at 5:13 PM, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Screenshot-20201230-141158-Kindle.jpg

For all that seem to think cohen won't care about losing money. Found this excerpt from Black Edge and found it interesting. Cohen is competitive and still wants to make money. Cohen also obviously a huge pos as black edge lays out well.

Yeah, his company was also sentenced for a billion dollar fine for fraud and cohen somehow managed to not be prosecuted personally.

He seems to be a finance criminal who probably should be in jail for insider trading and other stuff.

Edited by Dominikk85