4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Maybe he should STFU about 3K hits?

True. I’d much rather him say something like “I hope to eek out a Short MLB career, hitting about .220 with no real motivation to accomplish anything.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Who cares? 

chitown hates confidence if he doesnt like the player, and he also told us jake burger was retiring and not trying to get healthy (lacked commitment) because he wore a big jacket to a packers game and posted pictures to instagram that showed he wasn't playing baseball 24/7 while rehabbing.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

right, there's no alternative between the two.

It's a yes or no question. Confidence is good. Who the hell is anyone to judge that? It's fucking ridiculous. People taking issue with someone being confident? (Not cocky)

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

literally does not matter if he was out. there are no more challenges after the 7th inning. there's literally zero reason not to use it there on a close play.

What happens when the Angels hit a foul ball that is called a homer in the bottom of the frame? 

Just now, Capn12 said:

True. I’d much rather him say something like “I hope to eek out a Short MLB career, hitting about .220 with no real motivation to accomplish anything.”

Or how about: "You know, I keep my personal goals private, maybe I'll let you guys know when I'm done playing if I hit them, but this year I just want to help this team win, put a ring on my finger, ya know, keep it simple".

• Like 1

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

What happens when the Angels hit a foul ball that is called a homer in the bottom of the frame? 

I think close homers like that are automatic reviews.

• Thanks 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Or how about: "You know, I keep my personal goals private, maybe I'll let you guys know when I'm done playing if I hit them, but this year I just want to help this team win, put a ring on my finger, ya know, keep it simple".

Who cares what he says, in all honesty.  We usually agree on things but this means nothing.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

1. Who says something like that ever?

2. Why the fuck do you care??? Why does a young up and coming player being confident seem to offend you?

Good fucking Lord.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1

Just now, sin city sox fan said:

I think Madrigal is the perfect compliment to our lineup.   Sure, most of his hits will be singles.    But many of those will turn solo homers by others into 2 run shots.

He is a perfect 9 hole hitter.