Royals vs Sox Sunday Matinee...1:10 pm CST First Pitch

Just now, sin city sox fan said:

Vaughn will be a good major league hitter someday but he isn't now.   Right now, he reminds of Moncada during his first year in the majors.    Trust in Tony and allow Andrew time to become the player deserving of key ABs.

This guy has a .400 OBP right now. That's amazing.

Sure his .avg isn't there, but it's such a small sample size.

Vaughn is doing Vaughn things.. he just needs more of a chance. 

Seems like a terrible call on many levels.

Was he really out of the baseline just because he touched the grass? is that the rule?

Why does the runner have to go to first, it's not like Nick wanted the ball to hit his head.

I guess if the rule is that he went out of the baseline = auto out and runners return, that might make a little sense? 

Very odd

The betting line dropped almost 10 cents in favor of the Royals right before the game. I thought it was so weird considering the sox were facing lefty. Now that I've watched this homeplate umpire the entire game, I feel like someone knew something I didn't.

• Haha 1

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

This isn’t called 9 out of 10 times. Royals get rewarded for a clown shoe defense

Yep, YouTube shows Billy Hamilton a few years ago allude a tag and was safe...was probably 5 feet farther out of baseline 

Just now, Boogua said:

The betting line dropped almost 10 cents in favor of the Royals right before the game. I thought it was so weird considering the sox were facing lefty. Now that I've watched this homeplate umpire the entire game, I feel like someone knew something I didn't.

Do you really believe there is some organized mafia type shit going on with professional lines or just venting?

2 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Do you really believe there is some organized mafia type shit going on with professional lines or just venting?

I'm mostly just venting, but it happened in the NBA, so there's a nonzero chance of it happening in the MLB.

My educated guess was that the line dropped because of our lineup card.

Edited by Boogua