Texas @ Sox

Kyyle23

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Hendriks hasn’t exactly been Colome bad...but also not sure he’s exactly earning his money, either.

I'd say he was earning it tonight until that homer. He definitely put the fire out in the 8th. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol he just came into a game with 1st and 2nd 1 out that turned into 2nd and 3rd 1 out and k'ed two

That margin for error is fine with a three run lead, but you’re going to have to throw offspeed pitches effectively to retire hitters on the best teams in the post-season when it’s tied or a one run lead.  We saw it with the White Sox last October, even.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Garcia has been incredibly impressive. Oh well, great job by Hendriks!

That is probably one of the more impressive 6 batter sequences I have seen out of a White Sox closer in a while - especially when I consider said pitcher gave up a HR too. 5 K's and he was nasty - including battling through a really impressive AB by Gallo (who fouled off a ton of good pitches and battling before finally striking out. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m drunk and Moose was well before my time, so spelling his name correctly was always going to be a longshot

I remember meeting Moose at a SoxFest and he was talking about his hot pipes from the night before as he took a long drink of water.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That margin for error is fine with a three run lead, but you’re going to have to throw offspeed pitches effectively to retire hitters on the best teams in the post-season when it’s tied or a one run lead.  We saw it with the White Sox last October, even.

I feel like some here have not watched how hendriks has dominated the past few years. His fastball is what makes him great. In his career his slider and curve are negative value pitches.

Last year they were slightly positive and his fastball is elite. His fastball is what makes him great.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I feel like some here have not watched how hendriks has dominated the past few years. His fastball is what makes him great. In his career his slider and curve are negative value pitches.

Last year they were slightly positive and his fastball is elite. His fastball is what makes him great.

I don't know how you walk away from this game questioning Hendricks. He struck out 5 of 6 batters and was dominant - despite some of the Rangers having some good ab's.  Other than the HR - he didn't throw a pitch to any of the batters that was hittable.  It was nasty.  

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes, I know...and his unique extension.   But at 97-99 they will time you.  The one advantage that does stand out quite obviously is locating high in the zone but just so difficult for most even good hitters to lay off.  Those seemingly rising pitches just aren’t possible to catch up with.