5/2 Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland 1:10 PM

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Engel has 0 at bats.

That's my point. Engel will need time to get into the swing of things and Eaton/Vaughn have 3 home runs combined. That can't be the standard moving forward longer than two weeks max. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol this narrative is so exhaustingly broken 

The ball is just not coming effortlessly out of his hand...whether it’s extension, spin rate, whatever, before it was popping past hitters and they couldn’t quite get to his fastball no matter how hard they tried.

I mea, if you take away LaRussa’s leaving him hung out to dry...his ERA is around 4.5ish, but he just doesn’t have that swagger on the mound since he’s clearly fighting himself mechanically.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

That's my point. Engel will need time to get into the swing of things and Eaton/Vaughn have 3 home runs combined. That can't be the standard moving forward longer than two weeks max. 

Personally, I would never have given anything for Tauchman, but I wouldn’t give up much for a short term fix regardless.  Engel can fill in for a month, and you’ll be fine.  Check around the league, no one’s hitting.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The ball is just not coming effortlessly out of his hand...

I posted his velocity chart. There is nothing off about Giolito's velocity. Compare April/May of 2019 vs 2021. They are nearly identical. His peak and bottom velocities are the same as well.

If the Red Sox game HAD NOT happened (which frankly was a fluke combination of terrible command and a team just having a read on a pattern he had shown early), no one would be talking about how "bad" Giolito looks today. If LaRussa actually took him out when he was gassed, no one would be saying "three bad games" when reality is it was one.

Giolito's problem right now is his command has gotten a little weary. It happens!

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

Giolito was one bad La Russa decision away from having respectable numbers this year and people are freaking out that he "doesn't look right" and he ain't hitting 96-98 in *checks calendar* May 2nd... can't make this stuff up. He'll be fine. He's missing his pitches but he'll get better with that.

Edited by SoxAce

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Personally, I would never have given anything for Tauchman, but I wouldn’t give up much for a short term fix regardless.  Engel can fill in for a month, and you’ll be fine.  Check around the league, no one’s hitting.

Yeah but we are getting a big dose of the Twins and Yankees this month. Those offenses will get it together soon.  

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Nothing at all crazy or alarming about 2021 here. 

Giolito has just had had command in this recent stretch and it's hurting him imo

Screenshot-20210502-135509-Samsung-Inter

In fact, if you look at the graph his peak velocities have actually been UP over multiple starts last year and all April starts in April 2019.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I posted his velocity chart. There is nothing off about Giolito's velocity. Compare April/May of 2019 vs 2021. They are nearly identical. His peak and bottom velocities are the same as well.

If the Red Sox game HAD NOT happened (which frankly was a fluke combination of terrible command and a team just having a read on a pattern he had shown early), no one would be talking about how "bad" Giolito looks today. If LaRussa actually took him out when he was gassed, no one would be saying "three bad games" when reality is it was one.

Giolito's problem right now is his command has gotten a little weary. It happens!

I’m talking about the comparison with August last year...or even a couple of his spring starts.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Giolito had months with 5+ ERAs in July and September in 2019. Everyone of course forgot about that.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic