That's a White Sox SWEEEEEEP!

CentralChamps21

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The guy will be a star by years end. He is a shoe in for ROY as he'll continue to improve. Glad engel had set backs honestly because larussa would have fucked vaughn out of a chance to show his worth.

I would 100% agree with you on this Ray but with how many good rookies we have on the squad, I think the votes will get split and someone from another team sneaks in but I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Bottle this feeling and save it for a rainy day. There will be more valleys this season but this peak is good enough to necessitate a change of pants.

True, very true. There will be bad stretches like we've been through. Buy our rotation is good enough to keep us from tailspinning. I think if fans see that they have a good team and if the record gets inflated, bad stretches are easier to deal with. Like Dodgers and Yankees fans probably know they will be okay. 

Good teams find a way to win games like this. Loved Yermin’s 2-strike hitting on that slider through the shadows. Loved Hamilton’s gap-to-gap break and speed. Loved Lynn’s bulldog mentality with almost nothing left in the tank. Loved Tim’s steadiness as the undisputed leader of the IF. Loved Hendricks’ guttiness and guile. Loved TLR’s bullpen management for this entire series. This team plays with a mission and a plan. And they play real baseball. Go Go Sox!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The guy will be a star by years end. He is a shoe in for ROY as he'll continue to improve. Glad engel had set backs honestly because larussa would have fucked vaughn out of a chance to show his worth.

A Mr. Mercedes may not quite agree with you.

1) A ugly win but a win is a win. The White Sox would have lost this game a few years ago. 2) I read where Jose Ramirez turned down a long term contract with the Indians  in the last week. Ramirez is a free agent at the end of the year. Cleveland has a recent history of trading there upcoming free agents.  I wonder if they are going to trade him.

52 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm a Vaughn fan but if anyone can be called a shoe-in, its Mercedes. The guy's a folk hero and could possible challenge for MVP.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

1) A ugly win but a win is a win. The White Sox would have lost this game a few years ago. 2) I read where Jose Ramirez turned down a long term contract with the Indians  in the last week. Ramirez is a free agent at the end of the year. Cleveland has a recent history of trading there upcoming free agents.  I wonder if they are going to trade him.

Indians have a club option. Not even the Indians are cheap enough not to exercise it.

Edited by GermanSoxFan

13 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I read where Jose Ramirez turned down a long term contract with the Indians  in the last week. Ramirez is a free agent at the end of the year. Cleveland has a recent history of trading there upcoming free agents.  I wonder if they are going to trade him.

Sadly Ramirez is under team control for two more friggin' years.  https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/cleveland-indians/jose-ramirez-14106/

5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Indians have a club option. Not even the Indians are cheap enough not to exercise it.

I’d bet anything he’s traded this year.  They can’t possibly compete over 162 and challenge for a WS.   Their FO isn’t stupid.  I’ll be glad when he’s gone 

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Incredible.  With two of their best players hurt.

Can't wait for all the pants pissing LaRussa haters to look the other way when he's up there getting Manager of the Year. 

Especially Dan Bernstein and the rest of the Score. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Can't wait for all the pants pissing LaRussa haters to look the other way when he's up there getting Manager of the Year. 

Especially Dan Bernstein and the rest of the Score. 

He does a lot of dumb shit but as I've said he also does some really good shit that I personally haven't seen since Ozzie.  Yea they overplay the reserves and Ozzie obviously wore out his welcome and quit on the team but for a minute he was a great man manager and bullpen user.  I'm getting similar vibes from TLR.  And again, I've said this too: TLR having his "player managers" as the liaison between him and the club is a really smart and probably unique setup that (IMO of course) allows for a really loose clubhouse and better overall production.  A far cry from Rickie pulling guys for loafing to "send a message" and then the next day not doing it when a different guy would loaf.  Players see that and don't like it.  I suspect TLR lets his player managers handle that shit, to his credit.

And to add, the thing the solipsistic egos in the media and fan base don't get is that you don't work in pro sports as long as TLR has without knowing how to get along with many different types of people and figuring out how to put petty shit aside for the greater good.  The bullshit about how he couldn't relate to TA and the Latin guys is just bullshit.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Have to wonder about the Twins manager this series. He could have walked Abreu last night. Instead he pitched to him, and Jose got a two-run single. Today, he pitched around Vaughn thinking he would get left-handed hitting Collins next. That surely didn't happen. The Twins left a lot of runners on base today. They didn't look good this series so it's no wonder they lost all three.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Have to wonder about the Twins manager this series. He could have walked Abreu last night. Instead he pitched to him, and Jose got a two-run single. Today, he pitched around Vaughn thinking he would get left-handed hitting Collins next. That surely didn't happen. The Twins left a lot of runners on base today. They didn't look good this series so it's no wonder they lost all three.

Their fans were ripping the collective effort all series as well.  The Donaldson play is the perfect example of a team that is checked out and not giving great effort, for whatever reason.  Not a problem on the South Side right now.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

1 minute ago, quickman said:

Has anyone at all talked about the bench coach? I mean it’s hate larussa , larussa doesn’t t know shit , he fucked up but there is a bench coach . That roll is to be in the managers ear and helping anything about that jag off?

apparently they are too scared to talk to him or something.  more stupidity.  I have to question how many media types have ever worked on a team of any sort.  this isn't an industry that attracts weak willed people in general and I would be every coach on the Sox will speak up when they see something that TLR should correct or know about.  It amazes me people watched the clown duos of Steverson, Rickie, Ventura and Cooper for so long and want to b**** about this new set of coaches and the manager.  this is a breath of fresh air.  Katz is the fucking man and it's obviously TLR has empowered him to do what he wants.

19 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I’d bet anything he’s traded this year.  They can’t possibly compete over 162 and challenge for a WS.   Their FO isn’t stupid.  I’ll be glad when he’s gone 

I doubt Ramirez is traded this season, and if he is, I doubt even more he'd be traded within the division.

HOWEVER, imagine adding him to this team and sticking him at 2B. A package with Madrigal, Burger, Kelley, +. Maybe? 

Idk, just spit balling here because the thought of sticking him at 2 in our order for the next 3 seasons makes me drool.

Well if you believe the Fangraphs playoff odds standings the Sox just took the Twinkies from about a 15% chance of winning the division to under 5% and increased their own odds from about 60% to 73%. After they update I'd guess Sox are now projected to win about 91 games and would have like a 82% chance of making the playoffs.  Not bad given the injuries I'd say!

I break out in hives every time I see Kelly being offered in trades. This team is good enough imo  not to plunder that A ball staff. As long as Crochet is a question mark as a future starter we should hang on to those kids. So we wait a couple few years, the farm has only one strength. Please keep it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I break out in hives every time I see Kelly being offered in trades. This team is good enough imo  not to plunder that A ball staff. As long as Crochet is a question mark as a future starter we should hang on to those kids. So we wait a couple few years, the farm has only one strength. Please keep it.

I'm with you.  No reason to sell the A ball guys right now.  That's how things can unravel on a potential 5-6 year contender.  Right now team looks really strong in most areas, certainly strong enough to contend.  No team is perfect and yes flags fly forever but you don't want to shorten the window selling out for one or two years.