Rays @ Sox, 6/14 7:10 ct

Sox need another top bullpen arm. I'm ok with Mendick at 2nd. If you go after Frazier what do you do when Madrigal is back? You have to just win this weak Central Division and then get Jiminez and Robert back for the last month. With those two back for the playoffs I like the Sox chances. I don't think you have to make any big deals other than another top set up man if you are confident those two guys will be back. 

• Like 1

Won't read too much into this loss tonight, not with almost half our starters out. Hopefully we start getting healthy and maybe TB starts dealing with the injury bug in a couple of months down the road, fair is fair, no? lol

Edited by MexSoxFan#1
  • Like 1

Just now, brijames1957 said:

Sox need another top bullpen arm. I'm ok with Mendick at 2nd. If you go after Frazier what do you do when Madrigal is back? You have to just win this weak Central Division and then get Jiminez and Robert back for the last month. With those two back for the playoffs I like the Sox chances. I don't think you have to make any big deals other than another top set up man if you are confident those two guys will be back. 

The problem is we'd be the lower seed on the playoffs and playing more on the road. 

1 minute ago, kgrittenburg said:

Newsflash : the cutter is a fast ball

It is, but I'm referencing the spin rates in the picture. His 4 seam fastball spin rate went down more than his cutter and sinker.

Usually when people say fastball they mean a 4 seamer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TB has a line-up that is relentless....almost no breaks for a pitcher.  Lynn was under stress every inning.

Our line-up was going to be that way before all the injuries.   Now it is like Swiss cheese. Some roster moves or trades will be made if some of these guys continue to struggle.

7 minutes ago, mqr said:

This is the first time I’ve ever seen a guy fuck yo because he was paying attention to the crowd in the double that went over Godwin. 

Follow up. Don’t sit in left field. 

58 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Probably a combination pitchers found the holes in his swing, plus he didn’t know its not that easy and is in his own world of self doubt now

That could be.  I really hope he proves me wrong.  I just don't see it. 

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Use Vaughn or Mercedes as the headliner in a trade for a power hitter. Cmon Hahn pull the trigger.

Mercedes isn't going to bring anything right now. He's been as bad as he was good for six weeks. No need to trade Vaughn. He's a good hitter. He just needs a little bit more experience maybe. If you were Tony would you DH Collins now instead of Yermin, let's say for the next 3-4 weeks? Give it a shot. Or at least platoon them at DH.

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Mercedes isn't going to bring anything right now. He's been as bad as he was good for six weeks. No need to trade Vaughn. He's a good hitter. He just needs a little bit more experience maybe. If you were Tony would you DH Collins now instead of Yermin, let's say for the next 3-4 weeks? Give it a shot. Or at least platoon them at DH.

No to DHing Collins. He is as worse of a hitter than Mercedes is. I would DH Lamb over Collins if they were to go that route. 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Use Vaughn or Mercedes as the headliner in a trade for a power hitter. Cmon Hahn pull the trigger.

I would love to trade Hendriks if the Sox could get a decent return for him but admittedly, part of that is because I don't care for the guy's over-the-top act and vulgarity.

IMO without Hendriks, the Sox could still  Close by committee, like the Rays do.

Edited by tray
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, fathom said:

How dare he mention how amazing their coaching is.  

And their BP , defense and talent evaluators. Any time you have a good team like the Rays with RHP who throw good sliders they will beat the Sox without more LH bats in the lineup. The difference tonight is TB loaded up on LH tonight to face Lynn and they have 2 LHH who hit for power in Meadows and Lowe.

Batters 3 through 7 for the Sox went  0 for 18. Yermin Mercedes and Vaughn all couldn't hit sliders. Perhaps Mercedes,Eaton and Vaughn shouldn't have played and been replaced by Collins, Engel and Lamb. I'm surprised none were used to PH to at least put some pressure on the TB RHP.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

don't tell the pregame crew. look the Sox are what they are right now.  They need to basically play .520 ball from this point on to win the division, get healthy, and come out and kick ass in the playoffs.  Barring a face plant to below .500 and below from this point on, things really just aren't that important right now.