White Sox acquire Tepera, Bailey Horn to Cubs

KrankinSox

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Needed the Bullpen depth, so not bad.

I predict many White Sox fans (mostly in-game thread fans) will not like Ryan Tepera though.

Saw him over weekend and he embarrassed your favorite player, Escobar, badly

• Haha 1

Just now, fathom said:

Saw him over weekend and he embarrassed your favorite player, Escobar, badly

LOL, escobar not my favorite player by any means; just my preferred power-first low OBP 2nd baseman since he has proven his power is legit. I have my doubts about Cesar's power being legit/sustainable, and if it's not he's not very good given his new approach.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I predict many White Sox fans (mostly in-game thread fans) will not like Ryan Tepera though.

He had a meh June but has otherwise been pretty good recently. Lots of cutters, so this might be Colome all over again lol.

His peripherals all look good, much better than Colome's ever looked though.

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Now the question is, are the Sox done for the period, or are they going to chase more?

I think they take a flyer with ReyLo's status and that's a wrap.

Just now, chw42 said:

He had a meh June but has otherwise been pretty good recently. Lots of cutters, so this might be Colome all over again lol.

His peripherals all look good, much better than Colome's ever looked though.

I like Tepera, so don't take my post the wrong way. He's a solid mid-season grab and I trust him to be pretty solid. He's just had some luck to get his numbers this year, while he was a bit unlucky last year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

I really expect bummer to turn around so this bullpen could be a force. 

Sometimes having one extra reliable guy in the bullpen can transform it. This deal allows you to pick and choose between Bummer and Tepera for the 7th and 8th. It also pushes Crochet and Heuer to lower leverage work. It could also mean Kopech getting stretched out to be a starter. It's looking like that needs to happen given how Carlos has looked recently and Cease being scratched on Sunday. 

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Are you playing Parkman's role until he signs on for the day?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I like Tepera, so don't take my post the wrong way. He's a solid mid-season grab and I trust him to be pretty solid. He's just had some luck to get his numbers this year, while he was a bit unlucky last year.

Yeah the below .200 BABIP isn't gonna last. But his xERA numbers are in line with his ERA so his batted ball profile looks solid, meaning it might not all be luck. 

Edited by chw42

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

This. He is a piece you can afford to move who also could get you a return,  plus give a team looking at 2022 an instant starter.

Ill trade him for another good prospect. Or a younger major leaguer with upside. Has to be real talent. Burger is for real as an above average mlb 3rd baseman. They dont grow on trees

Edited by Chick Mercedes

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

3rd round pick last year, putting up pretty solid numbers this season.  10.5 K/9, 4.5 K/BB 2.63ERA, 1.024 WHIP

5th rounder last year. Underslot at that. Those are not his numbers for the year. 

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

Also I wonder if Bruce was right and Sox were discussing Burger with Tampa, perhaps in a deal for Wendle

Where did you see/hear that?

2 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

No Burger

Long term big picture - I don't see a position for Burger to play at on this club. And trust me I'm a big fan.  But we have a 3rd baseman. We have Plenty of dh/corner outfielders. He's definitely a trade chip.

• bmags pinned this topic
  • bmags unpinned this topic