Sox at Twins 8/9, 7:10

Bob Sacamano

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Guys - the sox have 10.5 game lead and I have a feeling we're going to get our A+ lineup pretty rarely the next 7 weeks.  Stars are going to sit, probably frequntly.

I too want Vaughn in the line-up, but you're gonna get awfully worn out from all the hand-wringing if you can't come to grips with the fact TLR is going to rest guys regularly down the stretch. 

Yes. Vaughn is playing 162 for the first time of his career. Need to keep that in mind as well.

Also, Leury got scratched last minute last night so he was probably told he'd get a start today instead.

But...soxtalk gonna soxtalk.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Guys - the sox have 10.5 game lead and I have a feeling we're going to get our A+ lineup pretty rarely the next 7 weeks.  Stars are going to sit, probably frequntly.

I too want Vaughn in the line-up, but you're gonna get awfully worn out from all the hand-wringing if you can't come to grips with the fact TLR is going to rest guys regularly down the stretch. 

2 out of 3 games is more than regularly and more than should be expected.

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it if Vaughn didn't also just get a day off on Saturday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moncada said:

Rest? he is a rookie that needs to learn still, and a new position at that 

What you supporters gonna say when Leury starts every playoff game

I am not really a TLR supporter, though I think he's done a pretty good job at this point.

I just am not going to get up in arms about lineups everyday when its been made crystal clear to us that he's going to rest guys reguarly down the stretch.  The benefit of a double digit division lead.

Do I want AV playing over Leury?  Fuckina right I do.  

• Like 1

It’s weird to get mad about the lineup of a team with a 10.5 game lead and 50 games left. Even if it was a 5 game lead, you don’t know every reason why a guy may not be playing that day. It’s just a waste of time to give a crap about the lineup at this point. They’re getting ready for October. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

That would be fine if that is what Tony was doing across the roster.

Yoan, with an injured shoulder, hasn’t had an inning off since July 9th.

Tim hasn’t had a non DH day off since late May.

Jose has had one (a second game of a DH) since mid May.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, flavum said:

It’s weird to get mad about the lineup of a team with a 10.5 game lead and 50 games left. Even if it was a 5 game lead, you don’t know every reason why a guy may not be playing that day. It’s just a waste of time to give a crap about the lineup at this point. They’re getting ready for October. 

yeah but vaughn has been hitting the ball well - you dont sit guys when they are hot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Yes. Vaughn is playing 162 for the first time of his career. Need to keep that in mind as well.

Also, Leury got scratched last minute last night so he was probably told he'd get a start today instead.

nah we got enough outfielders now that leury doesnt need to play in the outfield.

lamb is rusty let him play out there and get some at bats... 

Edited by harkness99
  • Thanks 1

Vaughn should be playing every day while he’s this hot. In baseball an off day can interrupt the rhythm of a hot hitter. When he’s slumping give him a game or two off then. 

Somebody should also tell TLR that old man Leury needs to be plenty rested for his October benchwarming duties…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am not really a TLR supporter, though I think he's done a pretty good job at this point.

I just am not going to get up in arms about lineups everyday when its been made crystal clear to us that he's going to rest guys reguarly down the stretch.  The benefit of a double digit division lead.

Do I want AV playing over Leury?  Fuckina right I do.  

He is stunting AV growth.  He comes up to bat in the playoffs he needs the experience of what pitchers like to do to get him out.  Sitting 5 our of 7 days just so Leury can get AB's is asinine and stupid.  You want to rest AV, fine then sit him once a week not every damn day 

Why is Moncada or Cesar not sitting.  They haven't had an off in like 2 months 

Edited by Moncada
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Vaughn just sat 2 days ago, dude

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

At this point anyone not trusting LaRussa with lineups and spreading out the playing time is just someone who just enjoys whining about everything in life. 

Or cares more about player development and the future than appeasing 💩 players that demand playing time or will blow up the locker room thus causing a problem 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moncada said:

Or cares more about player development and the future than appeasing 💩 players that demand playing time or will blow up the locker room thus causing a problem 

There has been zero issue with the development of Andrew Vaughn so far, in fact it's almost gone to perfection the way it has been handled.  

36 minutes ago, flavum said:

I think it’s more of the team almost has the full band back together and people would like to see the A team line up. We haven’t had it once this year, but it is pretty close to possible now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Moncada said:

He is stunting AV growth.  He comes up to bat in the playoffs he needs the experience of what pitchers like to do to get him out.  Sitting 5 our of 7 days just so Leury can get AB's is asinine and stupid.  You want to rest AV, fine then sit him once a week not every damn day 

Why is Moncada or Cesar not sitting.  They haven't had an off in like 2 months 

What are you talking about?  Counting today, AV has started 9 of the last 12 games.  He hasn't sat 5 out 7 days or anything close to it.  

Should he be sitting 2/3 games?  Fuck no. But its not wroth getting all upset about until it becomes a trend, and he certainly isn't stunting his growth.  For all we know AV needed a couple days for some reason or another.  

3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

There has been zero issue with the development of Andrew Vaughn so far, in fact it's almost gone to perfection the way it has been handled.  

Ok so the first time you want him playing RF with Robert in CF is in the playoffs.  Recipe for a collision and a L

Same a Eloy 

Its laughable at you guys expecting them to just who up for the playoffs with no experience or rhythm with each other and expect things to go flawlessly 

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I think it’s more of the team almost has the full band back together and people would like to see the A team line up. We haven’t had it once this year, but it is pretty close to possible now.

Pretty much this. I’m ok with getting guys rest but really itching to see everyone in the lineup together.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

What are you talking about?  Counting today, AV has started 9 of the last 12 games.  He hasn't sat 5 out 7 days or anything close to it.  

Should he be sitting 2/3 games?  Fuck no. But its not wroth getting all upset about until it becomes a trend, and he certainly isn't stunting his growth.  For all we know AV needed a couple days for some reason or another.  

He will going forward (today is the first time with Robert)

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I guess, but again, we don’t know on a day to day basis why a player may be sitting or just not starting that day. I agree about wanting to see the full strength lineup, and when Grandal is back, I hope the rest of the crew are ready to play that day.