Benetti out with breakthrough Covid

Heads22

39 minutes ago, quickman said:

I dont believe many teams are sending their play by play people on the road. On saturday I heard the Yankees announcer on with Bruce Levine and they are not traveling with the team and had to call the radio play by  from their homes. This is not all JR.

Living in Florida I follow the Rays and watch most of their games and the TV announcers are not traveling with the team for road games. The broadcasts sometimes don't work as the guys in the studio just can't see all thats going on.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Living in Florida I follow the Rays and watch most of their games and the TV announcers are not traveling with the team for road games. The broadcasts sometimes don't work as the guys in the studio just can't see all thats going on.

I watch on the MLB app as I'm trapped in CA these days.  I re-watch most games/big spots/big innings on the opposing booth.  Yeah, I have a problem.... love to hear an unbiased opinion on our guys or to listen to their misery, anyway lots of broadcasters mention they aren't there.  I don't have the exact numbers, but my gut tells me most booths are not traveling and are watching from a screen in their home states.

1 hour ago, JoeCredeYes said:

I watch on the MLB app as I'm trapped in CA these days.  I re-watch most games/big spots/big innings on the opposing booth.  Yeah, I have a problem.... love to hear an unbiased opinion on our guys or to listen to their misery, anyway lots of broadcasters mention they aren't there.  I don't have the exact numbers, but my gut tells me most booths are not traveling and are watching from a screen in their home states.

Radio generates far less revenue and rights fees. Radio stations are not owned by MLB owners. Most RSNs are. 

Radio stations are paying for their announcers to travel. MLB owners, with more wealth and more broadcast revenue, are not.

Yes, JR is not the only owner doing this. They all are. They all suck.

38 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Steve just ended the broadcast by saying hopefully Jason is back tomorrow.

Live from NBC Tower I presume.

Glad Len will travel with the team this weekend, looking forward to the Len and DJ reunion.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Jason is back tomorrow, but so is Gordon Beckham...

Steve will be in Arizona until the Cubs series. Keep in mind we didn't win a single game when Beckham was the color analyst last time..

Pretty crap timing from bacon 

2 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I don't know a lot about CP but is that something that would make COVID worse?

The one report stated his symptoms as light. Jason had to wait to return until he passed the same protocols as the players do in terms of negative test results to attempt to prevent infecting other broadcast crew partners in the studio (road) or ballpark (home).

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

So that thing knocked him out for 11 days? Ouch.

Almost every business/organization has a mandatory 10 day quarantine period... So, no. I wouldn't say it knocked him out for 11 days. That's the soonest he could come back.... I know a couple vaccinated folks who had breakthrough cases, and they were "sick" for a day or two, tops. Basically, a mild cold.