Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I can see why the Cubs tore it all down

They should've been able to keep those guys. Baseball is just better when a gang like that can stick around. The CBT needs to be a lot higher, and really the last thing baseball needs is another expansion. If I had supreme executive power that wasn't merely given through some farcical aquatic ceremony, I'd probably go back to 26 teams.

Baltimore would be one of them under the microscope. But hey, if they want to sign Correa for no good reason and weaken the Astros, I'll thank them for that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

What is going on?

Legit wondering - there's a financial reward in the CBA for teams that grow their market, they're able to keep more of the locally generated money that would originally have gone to revenue sharing. I don't know the numbers, but if a local market is sending $100 million to revenue sharing and they're able to keep an extra 20%...they boost their revenues and add in a big bonus.

Wow after looking at these contracts and the teams that are signing them, I think it’s best that Hahn holds off until the trade deadline. Just trade for one of Oakland’s pitchers and maybe sign Pederson and call it an offseason. 

edit: We’ll there goes Pederson as I was typing this.

Edited by maloney.adam

Just now, maloney.adam said:

Wow after looking at these contracts and the teams that are signing them, I think it’s best that Hahn holds off until the trade deadline. Just trade for one of Oakland’s pitchers and maybe sign Pederson and call it an offseason.

You're 2 minutes late.

My suggestion of trading for a right fielder, on a cheap contract, in his last year before free agency, is looking more appealing, by the minute. These contracts are just nuts. Save the money, maintain longer term flexibility and see what we have in Colas. Some of these contracts might be shopped, in the not too distant future. 

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Flash said:

Notwithstanding Bryants deal, I'm starting to think Comforto might go for a 3yr w/opt out after 1st or 2nd yr. Maybe 3/$54-60 ish? Sox might be flying under the radar here.

If Conforto is seeking an opt out, it 100% won't be with the Sox. JR isn't going to sign off on that.