GT 4/16: Rays at Sox, 1:10 CT

1 minute ago, fathom said:

What I don’t get is they didn’t get lefty power in the offseason because they had the great Gavin Sheets.  Now they’re facing a RHP and Sheets isn’t playing. I don’t need to see Grandal at DH when he’s slumping. It’s just ridiculous to see these mediocre bottom of the lineups so much already.

The name is Tony. Tony LaRussa.

I went to a Sox game in MN last year and discovered Leury is beloved with Twins fans. It was the same game the Sox blew them out and Yermin blasted one in the 9th off Astudillo.  TLR shifted Leury from LF to 2B late in the game, and every fan in the left field seats started chanting "We Want Leury!" Mind you, I was sitting by the dugout. The new left fielder just looked back at them and threw his hands up (Engel I think?) Then when Leury came up to hit, they all started the MVP chant, he hit a single, there was about 5 seconds of silence, and the whole outfield erupted in applause. Leury bowed and waved. They all started chanting "Leury! Leury! Leury!" for the rest of the inning. It was the greatest thing I've ever witnessed on a baseball field. Leury is a legend in Minneapolis.

Edited by ScooterMcGuire