White Sox @ Blue Jays 2:07 PM, Cueto (0-1, 2.41) vs. Manoah (5-1, 1.77)

hogan873

Okay, I'll start today's game thread in hopes of turning things around.  On paper, this looks like a potentially ugly game with the way the Sox offense has been "hitting".  Hopefully Johnny Cueto can hold the Jays to a minimum of runs and our guys luck into a few runs.

No brooms for them Canadian bastards!  Go Sox!

We should get destroyed in this game.

Manoah will eat us alive and Cueto will serve some regression.

With that being said, the baseball gods will have us win this to avoid the rare sweep somehow :rolleyes:.

14 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

We should get destroyed in this game.

Manoah will eat us alive and Cueto will serve some regression.

With that being said, the baseball gods will have us win this to avoid the rare sweep somehow :rolleyes:.

What are the betting odds? Don't feel too confident going against Manoah on turf.

Edited by caulfield12

We’ll lose, but not get destroyed.  We seem to do a little better sometimes against good pitchers then shitty high era pitchers that everyone thinks we should crush. We never do. I think Cueto will do ok BUT he will serve up a few. TLR will put up a shitty lineup like he always does when a day game follows a night game. Maybe Toronto plays their crap also. 

Edited by AJ'S Cousin

Some of us Sox fans from the late 70’s early 80’s may remember this: 

The 1983 White Sox were a very good team. Built to win. There was a player on the team named Tony Bernazard, our 2nd baseman and considered “the heart and soul of the team “. Similar to Tim Anderson or Jose Abreu.  They were floundering and were very mediocre. Roland Hemond, who I consider the all time best GM in White Sox history decided it was to to shake things up. 

He traded Tony right around this time for Juice Cruz. Cruz WAS NOT a better player than Tony. BUT Roland thought he needed to make a statement. Shake things up, Wake EVERYBODY UP.  

REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE TRADE?  Look it up  They crushed it  won the division going away easily  

NOW A KNOW RIGHT AWAY you going to think I’m advocating trading Anderson or Abreu, NO I AM NOT.  

something needs to be done to shake things up, FIRE TLR? MAKE A TRADE? Something has to be done to shake things up  

Again I’m not saying to trade the heart and soul  But something has to be done  don’t say we’ll we’re injured and when everyone comes back we’ll be fine  that’s bullshit  all teams face injuries and our bench is not that bad  

DO NOTHING AND WE WILL BE 81 and 81  

• Like 1

Hemond also gave us Dick Allen. Hired Chuck Tanner a manager and yes,he hired and brought in a young and smarter manager in 1983 named Tony La Russa.  We do not have that Tony, he is gone. JR also turned the team over to Hawk and he s destroyed the team for years, firing TLR who went on to win 3 World Series. 

Management MATTERS WE DON’T HAVE THAT 

Edited by AJ'S Cousin

I mean, Rick and Kenny can't possibly be in support of this clown show. McGuire at DH!?!?!?!?! Pollock has his best game in weeks and he is on the bench!  Mendick is on a roll; benched.  Leury hitting .180 at lead off!?! Its just inexcusable as we sit at 23-25. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean, Rick and Kenny can't possibly be in support of this clown show. McGuire at DH!?!?!?!?! Pollock has his best game in weeks and he is on the bench!  Mendick is on a roll; benched.  Leury hitting .180 at lead off!?! Its just inexcusable as we sit at 23-25. 

They're all complicit in this. No one is forcing either to stay. If they hated it that much, and they're that talented of executives, they'll get another crack at running a ML team. 

But TLR has been here for over 200 games now...and they're still here so they are all in this together. 

• Like 2

So, Reese McGuire at DH is...interesting.  For sure it's a puke-inducing lineup, but some of that is due to the poorly constructed roster.  However, whoever had Leury leading off on their bingo card is happy today.

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

They're all complicit in this. No one is forcing either to stay. If they hated it that much, and they're that talented of executives, they'll get another crack at running a ML team. 

But TLR has been here for over 200 games now...and they're still here so they are all in this together. 

I would honestly rather have Paddy and Hector Gomez.  Then we would have Machado at least.

2 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

So, Reese McGuire at DH is...interesting.  For sure it's a puke-inducing lineup, but some of that is due to the poorly constructed roster.  However, whoever had Leury leading off on their bingo card is happy today.

This is like the F/14 Tomcat against a 5th Generation fighter.

And instead of Maverick, we have TLR as the pilot.

Start drinking for courage.

Edited by caulfield12

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Over Pollock?  Engel. Mendick. Burger.

Well, remember what TLR said yesterday.  They need every left-handed bat possible in the lineup today!  Holy shit, though.  All four guys you mentioned are better options than McGuire at DH, regardless of which side of the plate they bat from.

Laughingstock of MLB.