Sosa and Sanchez could help Sox this year

DirtySox

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Maybe he's getting his shit pushed in against the tier 1 guys and beating up in the tier 2 and 3 guys.  

That's a interesting thought.  Do you have any idea if that is happening?  Serious question 🙂

I hope Hahn doesn't mean Sosa being a trade piece as his definition of helping the big league club. 

3 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

I'm guessing that Sosa will be the White Sox starting shortstop next year after Anderson is traded in the coming off-season.

I don't see any scenario where that happens.  Not even the sox are dumb enough to do that.  TA is the face of the white sox. 

10 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

If Anderson can stay healthy most of the remaining season, and hit .300+, trading him should return 2-3 nearly ready ML prospects. The White Sox farm system is nearly bereft of potential ML talent. If the White Sox can't draft ML talent, maybe they can trade for it.

They might as well fold the franchise if they can’t be consistently competitive in the Central.

Imagine if they were in the AL East or NL West…or buried a million games behind the Mets or Astros.

That would be even bleaker than current reality.

Plus the Yankees are going to do their annual trouncing of the Twins. 

• Like 1

IMO minor league development is BS. If they have the talent get them up here and let them learn and adjust to the major leagues. Speed up the process They were forced to do it with Vaughn and Crochet. Let the minor leagues be for the less talented players only.

13 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

IMO minor league development is BS. If they have the talent get them up here and let them learn and adjust to the major leagues. Speed up the process They were forced to do it with Vaughn and Crochet. Let the minor leagues be for the less talented players only.

Neither one of those are promising examples? Vaughn wasn’t helpful as a rookie making a big jump and is struggling defensively this year, Crochet pulled off 2 elbow injuries in just over a season.

1 hour ago, Sox80 said:

That's a interesting thought.  Do you have any idea if that is happening?  Serious question 🙂

I hope Hahn doesn't mean Sosa being a trade piece as his definition of helping the big league club. 

This is also about the time of year where they start saying how happy they are with their current options in public as a weak smokescreen for what they’re doing in private.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jerry McNertney said:

If Anderson can stay healthy most of the remaining season, and hit .300+, trading him should return 2-3 nearly ready ML prospects. The White Sox farm system is nearly bereft of potential ML talent. If the White Sox can't draft ML talent, maybe they can trade for it.

The only problem is Hahn and the current scouting department would be the ones deciding on the prospects coming back.  Otherwise, I'd be all for it.

46 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Neither one of those are promising examples? Vaughn wasn’t helpful as a rookie making a big jump and is struggling defensively this year, Crochet pulled off 2 elbow injuries in just over a season.

How is Vaughn not a promising example? Have you not seen what he's been doing with the bat? And idk how you can say he's struggling defensively when he's been playing out of position since he's been on the team...

I'm guessing that Sosa will be the White Sox starting shortstop next year after Anderson is traded in the coming off-season.

I have a better chance of being named starting shortstop.  TA is the face of the franchise.  I do think Sosa could go to 2nd base though.

8 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

How is Vaughn not a promising example? Have you not seen what he's been doing with the bat? And idk how you can say he's struggling defensively when he's been playing out of position since he's been on the team...

Yes I have. How much use are his at bats today to the 2021 White Sox? His rookie season after the jump in levels he struggled much of the year, had injuries, and wore down at the end.

For Sosa and Sanchez, them being called up and struggling as rookies on a team that needs to make up ground isn’t ok, even if they contribute next year. 

2 hours ago, Jerry McNertney said:

There isn’t a single chance in hell the Sox trade Tim Anderson. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

This is also about the time of year where they start saying how happy they are with their current options in public as a weak smokescreen for what they’re doing in private.

Also my mind went to when Avery Weems was suddenly listed higher on our internal prospect list right before we moved him. Pump the tires a bit to drum up interest.

They might as well trade everyone and get the best farm in baseball again if they trade Tim, because the Sox won't have a fanbase anymore. 

• Thanks 3