6/17 G/T White Sox v Houston 7:10 Chgo Time lift off

29 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'm cursed. I tried enjoying this as an Astros fan and couldn't. Maybe a NL team like the Cardinals. At least have a second team that doesn't suck. 

Jays, Mets, Angles and M’s are my go to’s, with some Brewers & Nats thrown in.  At least there are fun players watch around the league. 

Just now, Tony said:

Not sure it has to do with “balls”

There isn’t a reason to do it. There isn’t an interest in being great. Everyone on 35th and Shields seems to be OK with being…ok. Maybe you get lucky one year, and that’s great. But why make hard decisions when you don’t have to? 

Preach, brother. 

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

wait i missed this.. moancada left with hamstring?

yeah someone needs to get fucking fired 

Yes. Came up lame 2/3 of the way to running to first and limped to the dugout. Played the field the next inning and was pulled afterwards.

I would not be surprised if Moncada is suffering from the same oblique that he has had for months and seemingly years.

There isn't much the Sox can do with him other than relegate him to the Injured list and then platooning him to see what he has left in the tank.

Just now, tray said:

I would not be surprised if Moncada is suffering from the same oblique that he has had for months and seemingly years.

There isn't much the Sox can do with him other than relegate him to the Injured list and then platooning him to see what he has left in the tank.

They need to spend some money and training on how to deal with hamstrings - because its a recurring problem.

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

Not sure it has to do with “balls”

There isn’t a reason to do it. There isn’t an interest in being great. Everyone on 35th and Shields seems to be OK with being…ok. Maybe you get lucky one year, and that’s great. But why make hard decisions when you don’t have to? 

Yep

4 minutes ago, tray said:

How would platooning him help him get back?  He’s either injured and on the IL again or has to be playing nearly every day.

BTW-

yordan Alvarez is every bit of what of what I thought Eloy was going to be from the right side.

Man was I wrong!

I'm jealous, hurt, envious, and pretty much numb to the idea that Eloy will never be nothing 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

BTW-

yordan Alvarez is every bit of what of what I thought Eloy was going to be from the right side.

Man was I wrong!

I'm jealous, hurt, envious, and pretty much numb to the idea that Eloy will never be nothing 

Just be thankful he didn't end up with the Dodgers...or they would have even more titles.

Then again, lots out there dislike the Astros even more.

And who can cheer against Eddie Alvarez?

Just watched the highlights. Reminds me of playing the Yankees. Sox got no chance in such matchups. Wow. Those Astros hit some missiles.

Sox just don't have it this year for a plethora of reasons. This team isnt gonna win many games on the road against a team like that and hungry crowd like that. A sea of orange clad people yelling and screaming and cheering.

By the way, the Sox bullpen is really really bad. They just serve up meatballs. It's gonna be hard for the Sox to beat any good teams in close games (I realize this wasn't close) with that bullpen. Sox starters going five isn't conducive to beating ANY good team. We just need to beat up on the Central and be happy bout that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Just watched the highlights. Reminds me of playing the Yankees. Sox got no chance in such matchups. Wow. Those Astros hit some missiles.

Sox just don't have it this year for a plethora of reasons. This team isnt gonna win many games on the road against a team like that and hungry crowd like that. A sea of orange clad people yelling and screaming and cheering.

By the way, the Sox bullpen is really really bad. They just serve up meatballs. It's gonna be hard for the Sox to beat any good teams in close games (I realize this wasn't close) with that bullpen. Sox starters going five isn't conducive to beating ANY good team. We just need to beat up on the Central and be happy bout that.

two completely different types of organizations, sox can trade/sign whatever players they want, the fish rots from the head down