7/29 Athletics @ White Sox 7:10 PM CDT NBCSCH

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yoan looks nowhere near the electric player he was in 2019. Eloy has been a disappointment.  Robert shows flashes but needs to be way more consistent. Just too much regression, as this is the age they’re supposed to be improving and they’re going the other way.  Reminds me a bit of the last Cubs core after 2016.

They at least had star quality....we have 1/2 or 1/3rd of their total wattage in Anderson and Robert.

When they are actually in the lineup, that is.

Just now, fathom said:

Yoan looks nowhere near the electric player he was in 2019. Eloy has been a disappointment.  Robert shows flashes but needs to be way more consistent. Just too much regression, as this is the age they’re supposed to be improving and they’re going the other way.  Reminds me a bit of the last Cubs core after 2016.

There are differing degrees of fine. I think the Sox will still get very good production from Yoan and likely excellent production from Robert if he can stay on the field. Eloy's ceiling is likely capped for a number of different reasons. But I think, in general, betting on guys in their prime who have a history of good production will be a winning strategy. Even if Yoan & Eloy aren't everything we hoped for, I don't think they'll be total 0s. It's entirely possible that the Sox just get nothing out of Lynn & Grandal for the next year & 1/2 which takes the Sox out of real contender status even if all of the core guys come good.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think if you give the 2019 team this pitching staff they're probably better than this team. 

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I hate Sox math

Pretty much any video recorded by fans for broadcast this year is scaring off even more future Sox followers due to varying degrees of awkwardness/weirdness.

Alex and Ursula Snelius shoutouts were preferable.  Or George with Windy City Limousine.

• Like 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Pretty much any video recorded by fans for broadcast this year is scaring off even more future Sox followers due to varying degrees of awkwardness/weirdness.

Alex and Ursula Snelius shoutouts were preferable.  Or George with Windy City Limousine.

If I win that jackpot, I'm going to be the new Alex Snelius.  Giving money for Sox homers should make my $ last forever.

• Haha 1