2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ May 27, 2012 -> 09:36 PM)
Does anyone else feel sick to their stomach when you see Gio Gonzalez and then remember we had him TWICE.. ugh

I still miss him. So much fun to watch pitch in the minors. My second favorite prospect all time next to Jeremy Reed.

I don't miss Gio, honestly. We got two good players for him. It's clear at this point that he'd be welcome on our staff, but that's baseball. We didn't GIVE him away, he netted us two all-stars. Let's not go into the weirdness of the Nick Swisher experience, but he's a good player, he was on our team, it didn't work out -- honestly have to wonder how much the manager had to do with that...

Let's just enjoy this run we're on. Beating the Rays would be huge...

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ May 27, 2012 -> 09:36 PM)
Does anyone else feel sick to their stomach when you see Gio Gonzalez and then remember we had him TWICE.. ugh

Nope. I remember how awesome Jim Thome was here, I prefer him over Gio.

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ May 27, 2012 -> 08:36 PM)

Yes!! Especially the second trade. By that time he had already had 3-4 yrs in the minors, and it was obvious he was going to be a big league starting pitcher. His last minor league season with us was 2007 at B'ham. 27 games, all starts, 3.18 ERA, 150 innings, 116 hits, 185 K's. He should have been close to an untouchable prospect, certainly worth a lot more than Swisher. The first trade, for Thome, could be justified at the time. The second trade of Gio to the A's was stupid.

Edited by oldsox

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2012 -> 10:30 AM)
Despite still being a half game out of first, ESPN.com has the Sox at a 73.4 chance of making the playoffs, as compared to the Indians 27.1. Even more strange is Detroit in 3rd place, 3 games out, has a 31.4% chance.

Call the Boers and Bernstein show and mention this and wait for their heads to explode. They believe the sox are as bad as he cubs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2012 -> 11:30 AM)
Despite still being a half game out of first, ESPN.com has the Sox at a 73.4 chance of making the playoffs, as compared to the Indians 27.1. Even more strange is Detroit in 3rd place, 3 games out, has a 31.4% chance.

Someone else brought this up...we think their formula is largely influenced by run differential, which is consistent with the ESPN standings, where we're the only team in the Central with a green number.

EDIT: Probably based on pythagorean percentage, since the Orioles and TB have the same record and run differential, but TB has a slightly better pythagorean percentage and is listed with slightly better odds

Edited by ScottyDo

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 28, 2012 -> 12:20 PM)
Someone else brought this up...we think their formula is largely influenced by run differential, which is consistent with the ESPN standings, where we're the only team in the Central with a green number.

Also right now, ESPN's programs think the ChiSox have had a more difficult schedule than anyone else in the AL Central (even including the fact that the AL Central teams aren't blowing up the league).

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 28, 2012 -> 10:13 AM)
Weird thought process of the day looking at the pinned threads "Soxtalk WANTS YOU and "FutureSox needs you" . But there ain't no way Palehose talk is ever gonna love you , now don't be sad , cuz 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Only a few will understand .

You have me crying icicles instead of tears.

On a quick note, I started singing that song walking down the streets of Beijing.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 28, 2012 -> 12:35 PM)
:headbang

O hudson is on the all star ballot in the nl. I voted for him. i doubt if he wins but what would the rule be as far as being the #1 vote getter for second base in the nl but currently playing in the al. Would they allow him to play for the nl?

That Cardinals/Dodgers week looks scary:

Garcia/Peavy

Wainwright/Floyd

Lynn/Sale

Kershaw/Humber

Billingsley/Danks

That is if Danks is back on June 5.

Hopefully the Sox go 9-3 before then, so that week isn't as important to go .500.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 28, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
That Cardinals/Dodgers week looks scary:

Garcia/Peavy

Wainwright/Floyd

Lynn/Sale

Kershaw/Humber

Billingsley/Danks

That is if Danks is back on June 5.

Hopefully the Sox go 9-3 before then, so that week isn't as important to go .500.

Wainwright's been quite bad so far, I wouldn't worry too much about that Cards series.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2012 -> 03:38 PM)
Is it possible that realplayer is open and somehow monopolizing your audio feed?

Nope. Everything else works, just no video on the MLB Media videos. I do get sound and can download them.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 28, 2012 -> 04:41 PM)
Nope. Everything else works, just no video on the MLB Media videos. I do get sound and can download them.

Have you tried uninstalling that realplayer software to see if removing it does the trick?