2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 06:08 PM)
Let's go Jimmy Clausen!! Hope the Bears kick ass this weekend, for not only my own team's sake, but also for Jimmy Clausen.

Suh is gonna eat Clausen alive. I hope you know that

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 05:35 PM)
Boom. Can't believe they're actually doing it. But he deserves to be benched.... I assume this means he'll be gone in the offseason. You can't bench him and then bring him back.

I think its more that trestman realuzes he's gone and is finally just goung to do what he wants.

They should have done this much sooner. At the least, you want Clausen to get enough reps that you know whether or not he's worth a s***. At this point, I'm not sure if you can learn anything from how he plays. See Cousins, Kirk

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 08:48 PM)
They should have done this much sooner. At the least, you want Clausen to get enough reps that you know whether or not he's worth a s***. At this point, I'm not sure if you can learn anything from how he plays. See Cousins, Kirk

I'm not sure we are going to learn anything about Clausen that we don't already know. I seriously doubt this guy is a candidate for a career rebirth. Fales on the other hand, should be starting this game.

rapaport thinks Trestman can save his job if he can win with Clausen. That is absolutely preposterous and if it's true I will be livid. I don't think they will win, but gmab

Emery has to go. Not only did he bring the embarrassingly bad Trestman (who now we painfully know why he was never considered HC material when he was in the NFL a decade ago) but he also decided that Cutler should get paid more than Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees, Romo etc.

You cannot whiff that badly and survive. Only thing that can save him is if he can get Jim Harbaugh, short of that, GTFOH.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 08:48 PM)

Clausen is complete garbage, we already know this.

I don't have high hopes for Jimmy Clausen, but let's all acknowledge that the guy has started 10 games in his career, all in his rookie season on a terrible team. It's not like the book is closed on the guy. You don't have to be fabulous to be successful with this offense.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 05:52 PM)
How stupid, solves nothing.

Unless their purpose is to shut him down to avoid an injury (which would be the cherry on top of this s*** Sundae), I agree. Have him come back healthy for camp with the added bonus of being able to see what Clausen can bring. If that end ups being nothing, then maybe it will be addressed in the Draft. Unless there is a trade brewing, there is no way this is the end of Cutler on the Bears.

This season isn't all on Cutler, but it's no surprise that he's being singled out for it alongside the awful Head Coach and the GM who hired him. A lot of Bear fans seem to have been relishing the opportunity to do this since the year he got here. It wouldn't shock me if the benching is partly to shut Bear fans up.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 09:43 PM)
Emery has to go. Not only did he bring the embarrassingly bad Trestman (who now we painfully know why he was never considered HC material when he was in the NFL a decade ago) but he also decided that Cutler should get paid more than Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees, Romo etc.

You cannot whiff that badly and survive. Only thing that can save him is if he can get Jim Harbaugh, short of that, GTFOH.

He also whiffed on his first 1st rounder, has really only hit on 2 picks in 3 years, waited until the 4th round last year to take a safety (their biggest need), gave huge deals to Allen and Houston, and extended Jennings. Ugh.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 10:39 PM)
Unless their purpose is to shut him down to avoid an injury (which would be the cherry on top of this s*** Sundae), I agree. Have him come back healthy for camp with the added bonus of being able to see what Clausen can bring. If that end ups being nothing, then maybe it will be addressed in the Draft. Unless there is a trade brewing, there is no way this is the end of Cutler on the Bears.

This season isn't all on Cutler, but it's no surprise that he's being singled out for it alongside the awful Head Coach and the GM who hired him. A lot of Bear fans seem to have been relishing the opportunity to do this since the year he got here. It wouldn't shock me if the benching is partly to shut Bear fans up.

This has to be the end for Cutler, Emery and Trestman. Go into a full rebuild with David Shaw or Todd Bowles. Trade down in the draft to rack up picks. Trade vets (Forte, Marshall, Bushrod) for picks. It's time.

Edited by soxfan49

Wow, not the news I expected to see when turning my phone on after a flight.

If this was Trestman's decision, it's either him saying "You are gonna fire me? Well then f*** you" or he is praying for a McCown type performance from Clausen so he can blame it all on Cutler.

Fire them all.