Todd Frazier Available

GGajewski18

It's like that Future Sox article alluded to -- if you have a plan you stick to it. I don't see how trading away key prospects at this point furthers the goal of building a winning team from within. Filling a gaping hole at 3B is important since development has failed to fill it, but the Sox shouldn't get trade happy IMO.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 10:56 AM)
Would you go Fulmer plus the infielder (Rondon or others) for Frazier and the Comp A pick? Reds got the first comp pick in the lottery.

Didn't Rondon have an Adam Dunn without the walks and homers year offensively in A ball? He would be no loss, but the White Sox need to hang on to Fulmer. No reason to trade him unless it is franchise changing, which Frazier is not.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)
With regards to Fulmer, if you hold on to him, they better no for sure he's going to be a starter and not a reliever.

Even if they think he's a reliever, they could pry away more for him from a different team that believes he can start. There are no ifs in my opinion. If the Reds require Fulmer or Anderson, Frazier won't be a White Sox.

Are you all watching the basebal market? Where everyone is paying 10 mill for closers and dumping top prospects to improve their bullpen? Is Fulmer's floor of elite bullpen so replaceable now that we should go for a 2 year 3b?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 12:20 PM)
Todd Frazier certainly fits the mold of guys the Sox go after and then completely falls apart. The low contact guys just crush us.

This. I like Frazier and all, but I could totally see him batting about .220/.290/.390 with the Sox. Just not worth giving up any of Fulmer, Anderson or Adams in my mind.

Why didn't we go for Yunel Escobar. Angels got him for a reliever. Cost a lot less than Frazier. And he put up very nice numbers last year including a .375 OBP and this team is desperate for OBP guys. Would've slotted in so well at 3b and then we could've focused on getting a power bat either via trade or free agency... That's the route I would've gone, and we could save our prospects. Plus he had a nice contract option, so we let him go if he didn't work out, or pick up and keep him for another year if things did.

QUOTE (Special K @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 09:46 PM)
Why didn't we go for Yunel Escobar. Angels got him for a reliever. Cost a lot less than Frazier. And he put up very nice numbers last year including a .375 OBP and this team is desperate for OBP guys. Would've slotted in so well at 3b and then we could've focused on getting a power bat either via trade or free agency... That's the route I would've gone, and we could save our prospects. Plus he had a nice contract option, so we let him go if he didn't work out, or pick up and keep him for another year if things did.

i was thinking that this morning and thinking of the trip to cuba as well. getting him aelxei and jose a, cuba can being a instant white sox fan.

but hey, what the hell do i know. i work for a living.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 09:53 PM)
Escobar is seen as a a difficult teammate. Not passing judgment on whether the Sox should have gotten him or not, but it's relevant, especially when it personality came up in the Lawrie thread.

but for a limited contract length.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 03:57 AM)
I like this for two reasons:

1) It shows that another team thinks really highly of Anderson

2) We can stand our ground and believe in Anderson

look for other options and another team.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 05:30 AM)
Anyone think we have the pieces to get a deal done without moving Fulmer or Anderson? It'd probably have to be more of a quantity over quality move. But I doubt the Reds have much motivation to move him right now.

yes, but whether cincy will move off their req.... who knows. i sometime wonder the idea of asking the max and without moving.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 10:30 PM)
Anyone think we have the pieces to get a deal done without moving Fulmer or Anderson? It'd probably have to be more of a quantity over quality move. But I doubt the Reds have much motivation to move him right now.

The Reds have no motivation to keep him