2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bears have to take a shot at one of these young QBs right? It sounds like Cleveland will take the star defensive player. We'll see what s***ty SF does. They're run terribly.

I like John Fox and think you'll be alright. Hang in there Bears fans.

This isn't a great QB class, so I'm hoping one falls into the laps of my Kansas City Chiefs. (DeShaun Watson)

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 06:27 PM)
Bears have to take a shot at one of these young QBs right? It sounds like Cleveland will take the star defensive player. We'll see what s***ty SF does. They're run terribly.

I like John Fox and think you'll be alright. Hang in there Bears fans.

This isn't a great QB class, so I'm hoping one falls into the laps of my Kansas City Chiefs. (DeShaun Watson)

The Bears absolutely need to do something at QB. Either a high draft pick or a trade for a short term veteran, or perhaps even both. The fact that this administration hasn't even tried, despite knowing the clock on Cutler would potentially have him cut after this year, is inexcusable. At least spend a 3rd round pick and see if you find a Dak Prescott.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 06:56 PM)
The Bears absolutely need to do something at QB. Either a high draft pick or a trade for a short term veteran, or perhaps even both. The fact that this administration hasn't even tried, despite knowing the clock on Cutler would potentially have him cut after this year, is inexcusable. At least spend a 3rd round pick and see if you find a Dak Prescott.

I get the frustration believe me. I'm a KC fan. We have won a game with a drafted QB in over 29 years. I f***ing hate retread QBs. In life, you need to dare to be great. KC doesn't do that. FFS, they don't even TRY to draft one. It's sad.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 05:56 PM)

The Bears need to make a move at quarterback, but you can't blame them for thinking they would have Cutler a whole season. The administration hasn't tried, but they haven't had to. No one honestly thought Dak Prescott (Dallas' fifth pick in the draft) would be the franchise quarterback to come out of this draft.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 03:56 PM)

I agree we should do something, but Barkley is playing himself into the job. I don't think I'd be taking any of these guys at the top of the 1st round (of the available QB's). Doesn't mean I don't take a QB later (or move down to get one). Will be closely watching to see how Barkley continues to do, especially now that the league has three weeks of film on him.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 06:48 PM)
Absolutely huge win by the Jets. Bears are firmly in the #4 spot now. There's no way they are catching the Browns and 49ers. Jaguars being so terrible is bad though. Can't believe they are as bad as they are.

And unfortunately they won't pick 3rd. Even if Jacksonville finishes 1-2 and the Bears 0-3 and even though JAC beat the Bears, IIRC both teams finishing 3-13 would result in the Jags having the 3rd pick due to SOS :(

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 04:56 PM)

I'm pretty sure the plan was to draft Conner Cook, but they were surprised by Oakland taking him. Obviously, it would have been nice to get Dak, but I think it's a safe bet that he wouldn't have performed the same here as in Dallas. So, we might not even know what we had.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 07:42 AM)
Do you guys think Bears sign Barkley and he starts next year when the Bears draft the QB of the future?

I think he has at the very least played himself into placeholder position next season. Barkley hasnt been perfect but he has been way better than i thought he would be. I was expecting shades of Krenzel, and i am seeing a lot closer to Hoyer

I really only watch the Bears and the playoffs so I am not all that up on the career of Matt Barkley (I don't play fantasy football either) but I found it odd he had never started a game before coming to the Bears. I know he was super-hyped going into USC and didn't live up to those expectations.

He certainly looks serviceable.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 08:53 AM)
I really only watch the Bears and the playoffs so I am not all that up on the career of Matt Barkley (I don't play fantasy football either) but I found it odd he had never started a game before coming to the Bears. I know he was super-hyped going into USC and didn't live up to those expectations.

He certainly looks serviceable.

He caught the brunt of the USC fallout from Pete Carroll/Reggie Bush etc, so USC was kind of a mess when he was there. And then in his senior year Anthony Barr destroyed his shoulder at the end of the year and he wasnt able to throw at the combine

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 08:56 AM)
Watch some team give Barkley a big deal.

He looks like he could be a solid back up. You are probably in pretty good shape if he is your back up or third string.

Naw, no chance he gets a big deal. I wish we'd have given him two years though would have been nice to cut Hoyer.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 09:42 AM)
Naw, no chance he gets a big deal. I wish we'd have given him two years though would have been nice to cut Hoyer.

?

Are you talking about cutting Hoyer in this past preseason?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 05:53 AM)
At this point the Bears probably want to trade down to accumulate picks

I like that strategy. Seems like the top defensive guys on the board will be gone and you don't have a great LT sitting there. Who knows though...a lot can happen between now and the draft.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 06:56 AM)
Watch some team give Barkley a big deal.

He looks like he could be a solid back up. You are probably in pretty good shape if he is your back up or third string.

He is a restricted FA so I think it is pretty likely he is back on the Bears.