2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

The Cubs are killing the Reds and they are BACK BABY!! Pathetic...they just beat up on garbage, man. Period. Their schedule after the All Star break looks a lot tougher, we shall see how that works out.

Edited by soxfan85

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 01:07 PM)
Maddon will bring in some zoo animals, the media will eat it up. The Cubs will win 8 of 10 against the Reds/Brewers and the manager who wears fashionable eye wear and drinks wine in his manager's office will be labeled a genius by the media.

Arrieta will completely shut down the helpless Pirate offense AGAIN this week, and he will be deemed cured from all his issues as well.

Edited by soxfan85

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 09:27 AM)
Missed this, what happened?

He collided with Almora in left center while fielding a fly ball. I dont have a problem with Bryant in the outfield as much as i would Schwarber. Bryant has been competent and i havent seen errors like we have seen from Schwarber in his short time out there.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 10:34 AM)
He collided with Almora in left center while fielding a fly ball. I dont have a problem with Bryant in the outfield as much as i would Schwarber. Bryant has been competent and i havent seen errors like we have seen from Schwarber in his short time out there.

Well to be fair, that's not hard to beat. I'd be a better LF than Schwarber.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 09:49 AM)
Well to be fair, that's not hard to beat. I'd be a better LF than Schwarber.

True, I guess I will just say I dont think Bryant deserves comparison to Schwarber in left within criticism of Maddon

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 10:08 AM)
True, I guess I will just say I dont think Bryant deserves comparison to Schwarber in left within criticism of Maddon

Yeah that criticism doesn't make sense, Bryant is a pretty good defender in the outfield, I think he ends up there long-term.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 08:16 PM)
Lackey has given up 5 runs through 3. Safe to say that Cubs staff is finally regressing.

Must be nice getting nearly 20 games against that Reds pitching staff. Bryant might hit 15 homers vs them this year.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 02:35 PM)
Reds pitching be like "HIT THIS. HIT ALL OF THIS"
The Reds announcers were talking about Russell and said something like "you can't just fire a fastball down the middle against him, you need to pitch on the corners and let up a little". Next pitch? Fastball fired right down the middle blasted for a 2-run HR.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 02:33 PM)
Must be nice getting nearly 20 games against that Reds pitching staff. Bryant might hit 15 homers vs them this year.

Bryant: 25 HR's, 9 against the Reds

Russell: 10 HR's, 5 against the Reds

Joke if there ever was one, man. COMPLETE joke. And somehow, someway, their overall statistics against this crap team are ignored when acknowledging their greatness. #rentfree

Edited by soxfan85

QUOTE (almagest @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 08:36 PM)
The Reds announcers were talking about Russell and said something like "you can't just fire a fastball down the middle against him, you need to pitch on the corners and let up a little". Next pitch? Fastball fired right down the middle blasted for a 2-run HR.

Another fastball right down the plate to him

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 3, 2016 -> 07:46 AM)
He is still 12-3 2.33 ERA.

Yeah, I laugh my ass off on this, he isn't very good. I do anticipate he will have some form of drop-off. Dude pitched a ton last year (plus extended post-season run). Cubs should be smart and give him some rest.