4/15 Game thread: @ Tampa Bay, 6:10pm, CSN+/WLS

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 12:20 PM)
I'm usually good for about 10-15 games. Even with a normal job now and no desire to go to weekday games, I still plan on going to around 15.

I'm going to go to as many as possible if the team keeps winning. Plain and simple.

If the Sox can break out offensively, we might have a special team on our hands. They're hungry and have a chip on their shoulders.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 12:24 PM)
I'm going to go to as many as possible if the team keeps winning. Plain and simple.

If the Sox can break out offensively, we might have a special team on our hands. They're hungry and have a chip on their shoulders.

I've been to both home games already. I live in Chicago now, so this summer I plan on going to a game a homestand. It's a 6 dollar trip to and from on the El for me, DIRT cheap tickets, and I'll get a couple of brats. Can do the whole night for like $30 bucks if you don't drink, which I don't on weeknight games. On weekend games I'll spend $100 bucks on alcohol no problem

QUOTE (gosoxgo2005 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 01:04 PM)
I've been to both home games already. I live in Chicago now, so this summer I plan on going to a game a homestand. It's a 6 dollar trip to and from on the El for me, DIRT cheap tickets, and I'll get a couple of brats. Can do the whole night for like $30 bucks if you don't drink, which I don't on weeknight games. On weekend games I'll spend $100 bucks on alcohol no problem

Alcohol really drives up the price of a ballpark visit. That's why I just bring my own.

QUOTE (gosoxgo2005 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 01:04 PM)

$7 (5 on Sundays) in the corners for the win. If the crowd is under 25.000 they don't check tickets. I've taken advantage of that a lot over the past few years. Plus free parking on a random side street about less than a mile away from the stadium. My trips to the stadium are pretty cheap unless I bring a current girlfriend with me lol

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 11:20 AM)
Yes

Easily the worst, most obnoxious, horrible gimmick in all of baseball. Should be banned. For me it's next to impossible to even have the sound on during a broadcast.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 01:41 PM)
Easily the worst, most obnoxious, horrible gimmick in all of baseball. Should be banned. For me it's next to impossible to even have the sound on during a broadcast.

I agree with you, I have to watch games in TB on mute when I catch them. Oakland's horn is almost as bad.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 01:41 PM)

Vuvuzelas are 1a

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 02:01 PM)
Like why can't people just be normal? Your horn isn't cute, your cowbell isn't cute, shut up.

yea, but when we get them to shut up they end up doing the wave. And we cant have that either

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 12:05 PM)
Are those Tampa Bay jack asses still using those god awful cowbells from hell?

Ugh f*** these stadiums with their obnoxious noises. About as worthless as people waving things in front of basketball players shooting free throws.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
Someone should produce an entire film / character just based off Will Farrell and more cowbell.

Now that you mention I am surprised they havent done a movie spin off on that bit. That could be a good one with Will and the band.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 08:15 AM)
I think they'll win today and Sunday with Sale and Q and lose on Saturday with Danks.

I can see us losing with Q and winning with Danks actually.. or lose both. Our guys just don't like giving Quintana run support.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 09:08 AM)
Biggest series theyve had all year. Time to make a statement and go down there and pound them.

WHY??? I would say the series against Cleveland is the biggest. Against a division rival who we could be competing for a playoff spot with. Minny, TB and Oakland very well could be last place teams in their respective divisions.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)
Lol no doubt

A drummer with an affinity for the cowbell... And nothing else. Unable to find a gig in his hometown of Little Rock, our somewhat mentally handicapped hero journeys to Hollywood seeking an opportunity to finally cement his name into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Coming in the summer of 2017, FOX Searchlight Films presents... Will Farrell staring in, MORE COWBELL!