***Gamethread 4./20 - Angels vs White Sox***

Bigsoxhurt35

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 11:39 AM)
[/b]

Why would it be for disciplinary reasons?

You strike out, you sit. Of course, the White Sox would have some roster problems if they actually had that idea.

Avi is messed up. He was 2 for 3 with 2 homers vs. Shoemaker coming in.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 12:04 PM)
I just don't see it with Robin and some of the young players. I would've pulled Avi after that first awful AB and put in Sands. Maybe it doesn't work but it would've sent a message to Avi that his awful ABs and approach won't be tolerated.

Avi should have been gone long ago, but to be fair if LaRoche hadn't retired I'm sure he would be getting limited playing time right now, they tried to replace him all winter, and all the current options to replace him are likely to be as bad as he is (though I do support putting Sands above him on the depth chart at least). What other young players weren't held accountable? As for Robin, meh, managers are just scapegoats. He's not been the problem.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 11:12 AM)
Nice that Avi isn't in the lineup. Think Ventura is sitting him for not hitting or is he just giving him rest?

He's sitting him because he's bad. Ventura said today that it's about production at this point with Garcia. No more time for development or something along those lines. They basically replaced Garcia this offseason by turning him into a DH that would only play vs LHP. They know he's bad. Won't be much longer.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 12:49 PM)
He's sitting him because he's bad. Ventura said today that it's about production at this point with Garcia. No more time for development or something along those lines. They basically replaced Garcia this offseason by turning him into a DH that would only play vs LHP. They know he's bad. Won't be much longer.

Just remember everytime you see Avi flailing away, you have Adam LaRoche to thank for that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 12:52 PM)
Anyone out there good at pressing buttons on a keyboard may want to send your resume to Brooks Boyer. Whoever they have putting the count on the scoreboard is beyond woeful. Not only is it often wrong, it is beyond slow.

JR orgs are nothing if not ruthlessly efficient with this sort of thing. That the Sox had all the issues on opening day and from the number of complaints about the scoreboard count this year I can only assume that JR is not in the right health to keep the trains running on time. If this is the future of the franchises (Bulls and Sox) under his son as majority partner I really hope JR jr sells his stake when his dad passes.

That's crazy. WE need to keep sending this info to the sox as the in game experience this year has been noticeably bad. It's not fair to the fans dedicated enough to go in miserable weather to also deal with poor fan experience.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)
Just remember everytime you see Avi flailing away, you have Adam LaRoche to thank for that.

Given LaRoche's age, history with nagging injuries, and the fact that his head was no longer in the game, he likely wouldn't have been a more productive DH.