Tim Anderson Called up...Rollins DFA'd

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 11, 2016 -> 08:52 AM)
I'm waiting longer than that. Don't want to get burned again (looks at #15 jersey hanging in closet).

I've got a game worn, green jersey from a St. Patrick's Day spring training game from.... Chris Snopek! The SS of the future!

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 11, 2016 -> 10:15 AM)
I've got a game worn, green jersey from a St. Patrick's Day spring training game from.... Chris Snopek! The SS of the future!

I bought a St. Party's day Beckham. It's put away. Also have an autographed Quentin as well. I had a huge man crush on Quentin.

I have a game worn Paulino I bought for $20. It is pretty large, but I had to get it since I was one of his biggest detractors. I wore it a couple of weeks ago, and a guy in a Dunn jersey told me he loved it. Everyone has replicas of the big names. I pay a fraction for an authentic and am the only guy in the park with a Paulino on.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 11, 2016 -> 11:08 AM)
I have a game worn Paulino I bought for $20. It is pretty large, but I had to get it since I was one of his biggest detractors. I wore it a couple of weeks ago, and a guy in a Dunn jersey told me he loved it. Everyone has replicas of the big names. I pay a fraction for an authentic and am the only guy in the park with a Paulino on.

Savage

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 11, 2016 -> 11:08 AM)

When I wear the autographed Snopek jersey people ask me why I signed my own jersey. The one people love is the signed Warren Newsome jersey.

I hope Anderson doesn't let this lousy team affect his mindset. It must be tough coming from the minors where guys are fighting to make the bigs to come to a clubhouse like the go-through-the-motions White Sox. Hope he's smart enough to just shut up and wait til he can become a leader.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 11, 2016 -> 11:19 PM)
Amderson's swing kind of reminds me Alfonso Soriano, although I think Soriano was closed.

That's it. that's the swing. Soriano did OK til he got older so maybe Anderson will be OK. it's a bit loopy though and the bat is sooo big I have my real doubts. I would expect he'll be a K machine.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 05:07 PM)
Has Anderson had any balls hit to him?

A DP ball and that was it really. One ball he made a really good play on up tye middle but it was Orlando running so he had no shot to throw him out. The other two balls hit to him he ranged well for and dove at bit they were just hit too far from him and in the perfect place.

Hopefully Anderson will be more patient at the plate going forward. I realize double plays happen but he was not patient and swung early in the count. It's nice to see some young energy in the infield though, and I hope he can contribute like some of the Northsiders prospects have (Schwarber, Bryant).

QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 09:53 PM)
Hopefully Anderson will be more patient at the plate going forward. I realize double plays happen but he was not patient and swung early in the count. It's nice to see some young energy in the infield though, and I hope he can contribute like some of the Northsiders prospects have (Schwarber, Bryant).

He got his fastball and jumped on it, hit it really hard the 2nd time. I would rather him go after a fastball in his zone then wait and swing at garbage like the rest of our team

I bet deep down Rollins was glad to get released. Had to be the worst experience of his baseball career I'd think playing with this woe-begone team. This has to be one of the worst hitting team in Sox history. It's like the 60s when the mound was lower.