White Sox looking to deal Robertson

southsider2k5

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 10:58 AM)
One thing of note that I haven't seen mentioned yet is that Robertson does have a limited no trade clause in which he can block a trade to 5 different teams. One of which is the Dodgers. The others don't really matter (Tigers, A's, Mets, Phillies).

Ha.

I found it hilarious when it turned out Matt Holliday signed a NTC with only Oakland on it.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:11 AM)
Bob Nightengale‏ @BNightengale

The #Nats are in Jansen sweepstakes but now concede they may have to use trade market, and #Whitesox closer David Robertson intrigues them

RH is the man. There is no way Rizzo didn't try to get Robertson in the deal. But he probably wouldn't do that without Robles. Stuck to his guns.

Severino and one of Nuese/Stevenson/Ward/Banks should do.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:20 AM)
I read that the Bosox were in on Wade Davis, and they were said to have interest in Robertson before. Question is would you rather trade Robertson for Servino or Swihart if we had the choice?

Swihart but I really think DD was being truthful when talking about avoiding trades on any 2017 MLB pieces. I think they are going to use Swihart around field.

Though I expect them to deal an SP.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:24 AM)
This isn't the best time to trade Robertson, unless he's part of a larger deal. His WHIP was up last season and the Sox would be selling low on him right now. If Hahn can't get what he wants for Robertson right now, hold on to him and revisit trade discussions in July.

You do risk him being bad again though. I think they deal him now, let Jones be the closer and trade him for a ton in July.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 12:21 PM)
Swihart but I really think DD was being truthful when talking about avoiding trades on any 2017 MLB pieces. I think they are going to use Swihart around field.

Though I expect them to deal an SP.

I don't think they will. According to local paper today, Vazquez will probably be b/u catcher and Young is their 4th outfielder. So it looks like Swihart goes back to AAA.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
#WhiteSox' David Robertson can block trades to: #Tigers, #Dodgers, #Mets, #Athletics, #Phillies.

https://twitter.com/DevanFink/status/806914593507385344

We could likely get more for Robertson at the deadline, but I'd absolutely be willing to move him

I wouldn't be shocked to see Jones come up in trade talks for teams needing setup or closer help

QUOTE (peppers312 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 10:19 AM)
how about Robertson for Robles + Fedde?

Even for as awful of a trade as the Nats made yesterday, this would never happen in a million years.

Robertson likely brings back someone like Kieboom/Stevenson & maybe Severino. They won't give up their best 2 remaining prospects to get Robertson, though. He's not worth that, anyways.

Edited by SoCalSox

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 01:10 PM)
The only one that might be an issue is LA and I don't know why he'd block a deal if he truly wants to win.

Hopefully the Marlins come through with signing KJ. That would result in the perfect scenario from a White Sox perspective: trade Robertson to the Nationals and trade Jones to the Dodgers. White Sox can skate by with Putnam at closer next season until Burdi is ready.

QUOTE (peppers312 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 12:30 PM)
sounds like they aren't getting Robertson then. i think once Jansen gets a deal, we'll get a better picture of where Robertson ends up.

Robertson is not getting you Robles, you'd be lucky to land Feede straight up

You would be fortunate right now to get a back end top 100 prospect at best in a trade, especially if a team takes on all of his remaining contract

QUOTE (peppers312 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 10:30 AM)
sounds like they aren't getting Robertson then. i think once Jansen gets a deal, we'll get a better picture of where Robertson ends up.

You're vastly over valuing Robertson and under valuing Robles.

Anybody think we would kick $ in to move a Robertson trade along? I know JR doesn't typically do that, but I think it would probably drum up more interest. I know his contract isn't a killer compared to what the open market is right now, but it definitely does come with risk given that he hasn't exactly been great. I just feel like a team would be more willing to give up something decent if they were getting Robertson at say 2/$18M

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 01:19 PM)
Anybody think we would kick $ in to move a Robertson trade along? I know JR doesn't typically do that, but I think it would probably drum up more interest. I know his contract isn't a killer compared to what the open market is right now, but it definitely does come with risk given that he hasn't exactly been great. I just feel like a team would be more willing to give up something decent if they were getting Robertson at say 2/$18M

I hope so.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 01:19 PM)

I don't think the dollars are that big of deal, as compared to his performance last year.