Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 12:23 PM)
Yankees are obviously clearing money to go hog wild next two offseasons so they have their own motivations.

That's fine but their motivations need to coincide with that of the Sox or discussions come to a screeching halt. The Yanks want to add Headley or Gardner to the trade to lessen how much they give up in prospects which sure as hell does not fit what the Sox are doing.

If the Yanks want to talk about swapping Headley or Gardner for Robertson or Frazier then that makes sense but by no means should Headley or Gardner be involved in a direct trade for Q.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 12:32 PM)
Not really. As I said, it doesn't really count as doing them a favour when they could just do it to another team and probably get something back for it rather than give something away.

Agreed. I would think the Yankees would rather just trade either/or for something rather than making them have to give up more in a deal with the Sox.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 12:32 PM)
Not really. As I said, it doesn't really count as doing them a favour when they could just do it to another team and probably get something back for it rather than give something away.

What contending team is going to give up any decent prospect for Gardner or Headley? They have little value at that salary for the next 2 years. Its 2 average aging players on bad contracts. You have to give them away to be rid of the contracts. The Padres took a ton of Shields salary to get rid of him, if the Yanks just get rid of those guys and have to pay nothing they are happy.

You are not going to send them to a bad team and get something in return as they have no use for them and don't want to give up prospects.

Edited by ecupittfan

I'm sure a lot of you guys are more familiar with NYY prospects than I am. but I look at the minor league stats of their top guys, and the stats don't jump out at me, other than Rutherford. Yes, I know stats are not everything, but still, someone indulge me and tell me what is so hot about Torres and Andujar.

QUOTE (ecupittfan @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 12:41 PM)
What contending team is going to give up any decent prospect for Gardner or Headley? They have little value at that salary for the next 2 years. Its 2 average aging players on bad contracts. You have to give them away to be rid of the contracts. The Padres took a ton of Shields salary to get rid of him, if the Yanks just get rid of those guys and have to pay nothing they are happy.

You are not going to send them to a bad team and get something in return as they have no use for them and don't want to give up prospects.

That isn't the point. They may give up something for them or nothing at all. It is being implied here, the Yankees would give up even more prospects to get them off their hands. It isn't happening.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
I'm sure a lot of you guys are more familiar with NYY prospects than I am. but I look at the minor league stats of their top guys, and the stats don't jump out at me, other than Rutherford. Yes, I know stats are not everything, but still, someone indulge me and tell me what is so hot about Torres and Andujar.

The NYY prospects are overrated, aside from the guys they received via trade (Frazier, Torres, Tate) and Rutherford. Torres' stats aren't as great because he's so young for the league he plays in. I wouldn't put much stock into his.

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)
Jon Heyman @JonHeyman

now

Sorry, not hearing of any serious D-Rob to yanks talk Goin on at moment. Lotta interesting chisox rumors lately, some true

How the hell did you get this tweet and post it to soxtalk within about 30 seconds of him posting it? LOL

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 12:07 PM)
Gardner and Headley are not negative value pieces and may actually give the Sox a couple guys to flip at the deadline. And really I'm not on board with the idea of breaking loss records, having a watchable MLB team would be nice.

I am TOTALY on board with losing and if setting a loss record in the process so be it. No one remembers how bad you were in 2017 if you make the playoffs and win a World Series 2 plus years after that. Maybe a Harper or Bryant is out there as the ist pick. The phrase of " you have to field a team" is as outdated as in football " you have to take the points on the road". Garbage. I would very happy with Saladio, Sanchez, Coats, Garcia all starting and winning 60 games. Sacrifice the present for future makes me excited....

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)
How the hell did you get this tweet and post it to soxtalk within about 30 seconds of him posting it? LOL

Haha I use tweetdeck for work and have some personal accts i follow on there, so as they come through i post when something notable pops up.

Im already starting to feel sorry for Pirates fans because the Yanks getting involved for Q makes much more sense than a three way with Pitt for Cutch. The Yanks as well as other teams know they won't be able to get a pitcher like Q for his contract on the FA market next year. The latest news makes the situation sound like Pitt brought the Yanks into discussions as a three way and now the Yanks have tossed their hat into discussions for Q and creating a bidding way between the two with Houston and Texas possibly keeping tabs on the fringe.

If the Sox and Yanks make a trade please let Rutherford be part of the mix.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 09:30 AM)
This offseason is f***ing exhausting. The Sox FO is so incredibly predictable with the way they go about their business.

Oh really? So you knew they would trade Sale and Eaton.

Got it.

QUOTE (ecupittfan @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 12:41 PM)

I'm not saying they'd necessarily get much of value, probably lottery tickets, but the point is that they don't have negative value - as is being implied when people propose the Sox take them and get extra Yankees prospects.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)
Oh really? So you knew they would trade Sale and Eaton.

Got it.

Yea seriously. Exhausting? Uh, ok. Just sit back and enjoy the process. It's not like Q won't be as valuable or perhaps even more valuable at the deadline or in June. Hahn has shown he's only willing to make a deal where he gets fair or better value in prospects. If the deal isn't there he's not going to make it just so the fans can relax or something.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 01:15 PM)
I'm not saying they'd necessarily get much of value, probably lottery tickets, but the point is that they don't have negative value - as is being implied when people propose the Sox take them and get extra Yankees prospects.

Agreed. Especially not to the point where they would offer better prospects just to get rid of them.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 10:48 AM)
The NYY prospects are overrated, aside from the guys they received via trade (Frazier, Torres, Tate) and Rutherford. Torres' stats aren't as great because he's so young for the league he plays in. I wouldn't put much stock into his.

What's your thoughts on state specifically please - seems like his WHIP has been pretty bad so far professionally.