Eaton to Nats/Giolito, Lopez, Dunning to Sox

southsider2k5

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 10:05 PM)
Cool. So what's the most likely diagnosis. What's the potential recovery time and what would you see being potential implications to his overall game?

Have at it.

Medically speaking, he borked his ankle good, he's gonna be out a lot, and is probably gonna cuss up a storm!

I guess my main question would be, would it be worse if the ankle was broken, or if he tore a ligament or something? Obv the way that thing was moving, something very bad happened, but is it possible he just severely sprained it?

edit - I guess its also possible that all that stuff happened at the same time. Poor Adam.

Edited by daggins

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 08:09 PM)
I guess my main question would be, would it be worse if the ankle was broken, or if he tore a ligament or something? Obv the way that thing was moving, something very bad happened, but is it possible he just severely sprained it?

edit - I guess its also possible that all that stuff happened at the same time. Poor Adam.

Yea my concern is that it's both... but really, I know nothing.

stinks for him. Doesn't look good. Agree with whoever said that play was his time bomb. He never ran through and always hit the bag hard.

Worth noting that while he was having a great offensive year, he was -0.5 WAR defensively in center so far

The worst case is Jared Mitchell.

The best case is he loses a step, but his game has never been predicated on stolen bases. That said, some hesitation in the outfield and worry in the back of his head about another injury are going to be hard for him to get over. It's just as much psychological as physical.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2017 -> 08:15 AM)
The worst case is Jared Mitchell.

The best case is he loses a step, but his game has never been predicated on stolen bases. That said, some hesitation in the outfield and worry in the back of his head about another injury are going to be hard for him to get over. It's just as much psychological as physical.

His game has never be based on stolen bases, but base-running & range are two essential components to his game. Losing a step could have a significant impact on his production.