DRAFT TRACKER 2017, and Day One Discussion

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 07:25 PM)
They mentioned the "arm bar" on mlb network.. comped his swing to Frazier which was pretty elite in the league for awhile IJS. Solid pick with a higher floor as a big HR/walk guy

Usually this is an issue with younger players when they initiate their negative move. With a younger player ( HS and younger ) I would worry about the arm bar with rolling over on pitches. With a stronger guy it might not be as much of an issue. They might change that part of his mechanics before he gets too deep in the system.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 07:26 PM)
If we did this draft round 100 times this would be in my bottom quartile for sure.

We can't hate the pick this much. Would White be significantly better? I don't know that.

If burger sticks at third and providers solid power he could be a valuable player. Not the most athletic, but he might be a damn fine baseball player?

I like going for guys that can get on base. Or system really needed a power bat.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 07:28 PM)
Hopefully he's underslot and we can gamble and overpay a high school athlete to sign in round 2. That would pretty much be ideal for me

I would think that is the plan.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 07:27 PM)
Seems they liked Burger as a hitter more than White....he's certainly very stocky.

One of the concerns with White was not walking enough. Seems like a down to earth kid like Crede, maybe a bit more personality.

Somehow, we've got to get some plus defenders on that field, though.

At any rate, that pick was in there in a heartbeat. No hesitation...seems everyone knew how the first ten would fall.

Watching Hiura more, not sold 100% on him, either.

What did you exactly from a dude named Burger?

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 07:30 PM)
Brian Bilek @BrianBilek_

·

5m

Industry source on Burger - "Poor hips, will get beat inside with velo. 1B/DH type." Put up a Kevin Millar player comp. #WhiteSox #MLBDraft

Kevin Millar?? I'll gladly take Kevin Millar.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 07:30 PM)
We can't hate the pick this much. Would White be significantly better? I don't know that.

If burger sticks at third and providers solid power he could be a valuable player. Not the most athletic, but he might be a damn fine baseball player?

I like going for guys that can get on base. Or system really needed a power bat.

I meant the whole first round and how it played out. Honestly would be happier with JB then Burger but I hope we are right he can stick.

Moncada

Kopech

Robert

Giolito

Lopez

You can argue anywhere from 6-8....between Collins and Fulmer, that's the argument, over those three.

Fwiw, Dunning's rising and Adams has looked much better in the last month.

Not sure what to make of Burdi right now. Or Basabe.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 05:34 PM)
I meant the whole first round and how it played out. Honestly would be happier with JB then Burger but I hope we are right he can stick.

Yeah, it just broke exactly as poorly as it could have.

Given all the bats that went off the board, I would have gone with an arm there. Position players/bats needed be damned.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 07:36 PM)
I know there are mixed views on posters here who are pro and con Bukauskas, but I can't believe he hasn't been picked yet. Almost steal range now.

Word. Wonder if there are medical concerns that haven't leaked? Quite odd.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 07:30 PM)
Brian Bilek @BrianBilek_

·

5m

Industry source on Burger - "Poor hips, will get beat inside with velo. 1B/DH type." Put up a Kevin Millar player comp. #WhiteSox #MLBDraft

Yup took a look at his hitting videos. He arm bars as part of his negative move. He will have to change that to get to inside pitching. or have the timing of a god.