Giancarlo Stanton traded to Yankees

Jose Abreu

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 3, 2017 -> 01:53 PM)
Jon Morosi‏Verified account

@jonmorosi

5m5 minutes ago

More

Sources: #Marlins have agreed to general framework of Giancarlo Stanton trades with both #STLCards and #SFGiants; the deals are on hold, while Marlins wait for Stanton to inform them whether he’d accept either trade. @MLB @MLBNetwork

@jonmorosi

4m4 minutes ago

More

For #Marlins, agreement on Stanton trade frameworks with #SFGiants and #STLCards was logical precondition for Stanton to meet officials from both clubs last week. @MLB @MLBNetwork

on Morosi‏Verified account

@jonmorosi

3m3 minutes ago

More

If Stanton had met with #SFGiants and #STLCards without trade framework already in existence, #Marlins would have risked losing leverage if Stanton agreed to move forward with one and not the other. @MLB @MLBNetwork

@jonmorosi

24s24 seconds ago

More

Worth saying again: Giancarlo Stanton is in control here, due to full no-trade. If he wants to wait on the #Dodgers, he can — even if that means saying no to everyone else this offseason and revisiting in July/August or next winter. @MLB @MLBNetwork

Interesting thought that probably wouldn't happen: Stanton wants to go to the Dodgers but they are worried about luxury tax stuff, so lets offer to take someone like Adrian Gonzalez off their hands for a prospect or two. If we move Abreu we could use him at 1B and hope he has a bounce back year so we can flip him. Or just try to get Grandal on the cheap because I think they were gonna try to trade him.

Jerry Crasnick‏Verified account @jcrasnick 29m29 minutes ago A Giancarlo Stanton trade isn't close to completion, despite the frenzy resulting from weekend meetings with the #SFGiants and #STLCardinals. It's a complicated transaction with a lot of moving pieces, and it appears it's going to drag on a while. Nothing imminent.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 05:47 PM)
Craig Mish‏Verified account @CraigMish 4h4 hours ago SourceS : Full trade offer from SF to Miami for Giancarlo Stanton.

Tyler Beede

Heliot Ramos (1st noted by @JoeFrisaro )

Chris Shaw

Christian Arroyo

@jonmorosi had 250 mil 1st @clarkspencer had some combo of this deal also.

Four prospects and picking up $250 million in remaining contract seems steep for San Francisco. Their farm is already pretty bad, but this will easily give them the worst in the mlb.

Giants will get Stanton, and Arroyo's inclusion is disputed. If Stanton rakes he can opt out in 2020, if he sucks then the Giants choke on his contract for the next decade.

Craig Mish‏Verified account @CraigMish 4h4 hours ago SourceS : Full trade offer from SF to Miami for Giancarlo Stanton.

Tyler Beede

Chris Shaw

Christian Arroyo

That is WAYYYYYY too much. Wow

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 04:47 PM)

Tyler Beede

Chris Shaw

Christian Arroyo

If that's the package for Stanton, then I want Rodgers, McMahon, and Almonte (back) from the Rockies or Reyes, Kelly, and Flaherty from the Cardinals for Abreu.

Tyler Beede

Chris Shaw

Christian Arroyo

Giants' prospects 1-4. Pretty salty.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/making-a-st...-la-trade-work/

This article brings up the idea of the Dodgers and Marlins bringing in a third team to take some money off the Dodgers books. It mentions the Rockies, but I would love it for the Sox to do this. Take on Adrian Gonzalez and get something of worth for it (Pederson, Grandal, prospects etc.) while creating more trade demand for Avi (Giants) and Abreu (Cardinals) and still having the possibility that Gonzalez could rebound and be flipped. Plus it would have the added bonus of hurting the Cubs chances of getting to the WS again.

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 02:29 PM)
https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/making-a-st...-la-trade-work/

This article brings up the idea of the Dodgers and Marlins bringing in a third team to take some money off the Dodgers books. It mentions the Rockies, but I would love it for the Sox to do this. Take on Adrian Gonzalez and get something of worth for it (Pederson, Grandal, prospects etc.) while creating more trade demand for Avi (Giants) and Abreu (Cardinals) and still having the possibility that Gonzalez could rebound and be flipped. Plus it would have the added bonus of hurting the Cubs chances of getting to the WS again.

Don’t really want to do anything that makes the best team in baseball stronger.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 05:11 PM)

In 2020 there will be 3 or 4 teams we have to worry about. The Dodgers will probably be one of them, but we shouldn't base decisions on that. Put the best roster out for 2020 that we can. If we send them to the 2018 and 2019 world series, I don't care as long as we are ready to win 100 games in 2020.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 03:11 PM)

I think it makes them stronger in the short term but weaker in the long term. Yeah, they might have Stanton, but they would probably be pretty locked in to their roster in terms of salary because of it and might lose some guys that they can't resign or extend.

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 04:44 PM)
I think it makes them stronger in the short term but weaker in the long term. Yeah, they might have Stanton, but they would probably be pretty locked in to their roster in terms of salary because of it and might lose some guys that they can't resign or extend.

We’re talking about the Dodgers right? They have almost limitless amounts of money. The only thing that might scare them off is the luxury tax, but I don’t see Stanton’s deal ever being that big of a burden to them. Most other teams? Sure, just not the Dodgers.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 04:59 PM)
We’re talking about the Dodgers right? They have almost limitless amounts of money. The only thing that might scare them off is the luxury tax, but I don’t see Stanton’s deal ever being that big of a burden to them. Most other teams? Sure, just not the Dodgers.

I think there is pressure for teams to stay under the luxury tax and they are projected at $154mil payroll in 2019 without Stanton, so with him they would have less than $20mil to spend.

Edited by GenericUserName

Reports out now that the only 4 teams he would waive the no trade clause for are the Dodgers, Yankees, Astros, and Cubs. All of those teams are up against the luxury tax and can't take on that much money. We could help decide where he goes if we want to take on some money like I suggested earlier.

Of those 4 I would probably want him on the Dodgers most, Astros next, and then would hate him on either the Cubs or Yankees. The Yankees could have the benefit of taking them out of the Machado bidding though.