Rodon? Not yet.

southsider2k5

18 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Tank is really on.  I get not bringing up Kopech, but Rodon?  Don’t tell Jose but now they’re not even trying to disguise that they’re not trying.  First pick, here we come!

Whats wrong with bringing him up when he can throw 100 pitches? The Sox already have enough 4-5inning pitchers and Rodon when he is healthy doesnt go deep in games.

Edited by ptatc

16 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Whats wrong with bringing him up when he can throw 100 pitches? The Sox already have enough 4-5inning pitchers and Rodon when he is healthy doesnt go deep in games.

Agreed.  If he hadn’t taken that liner off his head he probably wouldn’t need another minor league start, but that obviously was going to set him back.

3 hours ago, BlackSox13 said:

I think Rodon only threw 80-85 pitches in his last start so building him back up makes a ton of sense and has nothing to do with tin foil hat tanking.

I saw most of his last start in person. He threw 86 pitches,  I believe, over 5 innings. He was absolutely cruising through 3 2/3, with 7 K's and no hits, and then threw a really wild pitch and looked like he might have pulled something. Stayed in after a mound visit, but walked a couple and gave up 3 or 4 hits before he left the game.

I definitely think giving him another rehab start is justifiable.

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There is a tweet out there that said Rodon is with the team in Minneapolis.  No idea how reliable it is, so I didn't share it yet.

Unless he’s there on his own to hunt and fish, the Sox fly to Minneapolis tonight.

11 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

I'm not going to say anything on the absurdity of God caring about Rodon making a flight (actually I guess I just did) but how about as a pro athlete you make sure you have a little more time to make your flight, like what else you got going on?

Certainly adds a bit more to the "he's a bit of a knucklehead" theory.

21 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm not going to say anything on the absurdity of God caring about Rodon making a flight (actually I guess I just did) but how about as a pro athlete you make sure you have a little more time to make your flight, like what else you got going on?

Certainly adds a bit more to the "he's a bit of a knucklehead" theory.

Idk man, I mean what if he had workouts and stuff all day? What if the call for him to travel came on short notice? There's all kinds of reasons that people are late for flights, some are good and some aren't. I don't think you have nearly enough info here to hold it against him.

1 minute ago, Eminor3rd said:

Idk man, I mean what if he had workouts and stuff all day? What if the call for him to travel came on short notice? There's all kinds of reasons that people are late for flights, some are good and some aren't. I don't think you have nearly enough info here to hold it against him.

Yes. It usually involves game times and rehab times. 

Just now, Eminor3rd said:

What if he was just hungover after sitting in the turkey blind all night drinking and hit snooze one too many times?  It's just speculation of course and it's just a data point.  Hey made the flight, great.  Hope to see him on the mound this week for the Sox.  

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

What if he was just hungover after sitting in the turkey blind all night drinking and hit snooze one too many times?  It's just speculation of course and it's just a data point.  Hey made the flight, great.  Hope to see him on the mound this week for the Sox.  

He did just pitch in the game yesterday