White Sox @ Reds, 7/3/18, 6:10 pm CDT

Balta1701

Just now, Heads22 said:

Uh, what is happening? 

I could hear it on the Reds broadcast. Riggleman says he wants to put him on base, the umpire says Riggleman needs to give the hand signal, not just a verbal request. This is repeated by both parties one time. Riggleman says "do your job!" and then umpire says "you do your job!" and then I lose the audio and Riggleman is running out there.

• Like 3

This thread is a great example of how we all hang on every Yoan AB to evaluate him. lol

First half of the thread is saying he might have to be optioned to AAA and the second half is basically saying that tonight is his breakout. 

Gotta love it. Just good to see these last couple nights go the right way for him. 

Edited by Richie
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

Moncada has a couple more of these nights and all the whiners about him will have to go hide away again 

Legitimate concerns about huge red flags in his whole game and people are whiners and a guy hit .330and the sabermetric people call it lucky  and they are smart and not whiners.  Geez people are strange. The talent is there in both of them so maybe we can all agree that we are going to disagree without being called whiners or unobservant for ignoring obvious sabernetric signs of imminent regression.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Benetti has talent. He's a good announcer.

I like him. Would never have been a top choice, but he's solid and likeable. Plus, he should only improve.

Avi has developed into a .300 hitter with power. He keeps getting better but some people just keep doubting him.
I wouldn't trade him unless the offer was overwhelming. It is hard to get All-Star level player at any position let alaone someone who hit .330 over an entire season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tray said:

Avi has developed into a .300 hitter with power. He keeps getting better but some people just keep doubting him.
I wouldn't trade him unless the offer was overwhelming. It is hard to get All-Star level player at any position let alaone someone who hit .330 over an entire season.

I won't doubt him. He is a stud. My biggest complaint is the tank/rebuild people don't seem to want ANY current White Sox who have been around a while on our WS teams. I contend Avi and Abreu will be perfect veterans on the WS teams. Also I feel the trade/tank people for some odd reason don't want to pay any players ... ever. Cause even they admit Moncada and Eloy and guys like that will walk when it's time for them to get paid. In conclusion ... the rebuilders don't want any old guys on the WS teams and they certainly don't want to pay Avi or Abreu real money. Very bizarre behavior IMO.

2 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Hector really wanted to GTFO of the ballpark tonight eh? Nice job, SOX WINNER!!

Well, technically he could have gotten out the fastest if he served up a home run ball on the first pitch of his appearance to Peraza. 

😁

Kidding, of course

10 minutes ago, Richie said:

Well, technically he could have gotten out the fastest if he served up a home run ball on the first pitch of his appearance to Peraza. 

😁

Kidding, of course

Haha true, but good thing he didn't because we wouldn't have gotten to see that very nice comeback win.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yea I understand you want to be right, I want to be right and you have BABIP on your side to spin a great season into a lucky season.It's cool if you want to always look for the negative. If your happy waiting for some double and A= players to make there mark it is what it is.

Avi did have a great season in 2017, but he’s incredibly unlikely to repeat that batting average.  And without such a high batting average, he’s not a great offensive player unless the power comes around.  What I don’t get is why you are taking it personal.  I don’t think Avi sucks, I’m just not prepared to pay him top dollar based on an outlier season.  And we don’t have to rely on all the prospects I mentioned, but there are better guys we can spend our money on that Avi.