Bryce Harper Available

DirtySox

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

where you see the Mets?

Listening to Red Sox/Phillies...or maybe I wasn’t paying close enough attention and it was Philly? 

“Of all the teams, the Cleveland Indians make far and away the most sense. They desperately need outfield help. They could absorb the remaining $7 million or so of Harper’s salary. The issue would be the prospect cache the Nationals would demand. They could ask, rightfully, for something similar to what the Dodgers gave the Baltimore Orioles for Manny Machado – and the Indians, an organization that thrives because of its ability to produce homegrown talent, almost certainly would balk at mortgaging some of its future for a rental in a league with the Boston Red Sox, Houston Astros and Yankees playing as well as they are.”  Jeff Passan

Dodgers and Yankees can’t afford to go over the luxury caps...

28 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

C'mon Cleveland, empty out the farm!

Absolutely.
I watched Bieber for a few innings tonight. He looked really talented- made a few mistakes, but he threw a lot of great pitches.  I'd love to move him out of this division.

4 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Absolutely.
I watched Bieber for a few innings tonight. He looked really talented- made a few mistakes, but he threw a lot of great pitches.  I'd love to move him out of this division.

Dude does not walk anybody... like literally. His minor league numbers are insane in that regard. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I want to see Alec Hansen face Zack Collins in a 3-2 count. (I think someone else said this the other day)

Your scenario is extreme high variance, mine is extreme low variance.

As for Harper, I'd send a better package than what the Dodgers paid for Machado if it gave an extension window wherein the deal would be null and void if no agreement were reached. So, basically, it's not going to happen, try to pursue him in the offseason.

34 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Dude does not walk anybody... like literally. His minor league numbers are insane in that regard. 

Gives up a lot of hits though. Looks like is is in the zone too much. 57 hits in 45 IP.

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

A team that wants to sign him long term should agree to the window and the 72 hour signing period.  This is where I think the cubs could come into play. 

There's what, 8 hours until the trade deadline? No team's going to get a negotiation window, those things almost never happen anyway but they're not going to be able to consummate a deal on August 2nd if they get the contract agreed to.

• Thanks 1