Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

There’s a penchant for overreacting here. So much of what’s released is misdirection.

We just won’t know until things are finished. All else is speculation or intentional information used to negotiate through the media.

Welcome, rook.

If this was December 17th instead of February 17th I'd be much more inclined to agree with you. There isn't time for misdirection and negotiation through the media anymore. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You're reading between the lines for things that aren't there dude. I get trying to be optimistic and keeping your hopes up. Just curious: What would your reaction be should the Sox fail on both whales? 

You literally said Machado is already a Padre and you’re talking about possible agent plants “aren’t there” 

• Haha 2

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

You literally said Machado is already a Padre and you’re talking about possible agent plants “aren’t there” 

That is what I believe. It isn't 100% fact, but I don't think they're planting anything on 2/17. If it was 12/17, sure. There isn't really time to negotiate through the media if they want to get ready by the time games start. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

That is what I believe. It isn't 100% fact, but I don't think they're planting anything on 2/17. If it was 12/17, sure. There isn't really time to negotiate through the media if they want to get ready by the time games start. 

Negotiations don’t end till Pen hits paper dude. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You're reading between the lines for things that aren't there dude. I get trying to be optimistic and keeping your hopes up. Just curious: What would your reaction be should the Sox fail on both whales? 

So day that Phillies are said to be nearing the end with Harper the padres now hummed up bigger in machado sweepstakes. They were last team left even said to be involved with philly out. Of course this was coming 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So day that Phillies are said to be nearing the end with Harper the padres now hummed up bigger in machado sweepstakes. They were last team left even said to be involved with philly out. Of course this was coming 

And the Whitesox sit back quietly and wait....

4 minutes ago, Sarava said:

You're like the BWC of Soxtalk. How about some positive vibes?

Moncada's going to break out in 2019, Eloy is going to come up and rake, Rodon is going to pitch like at least a #2, Lopez is going to put up 3+WAR and Giolito isn't going to suck anymore. These are all things I believe about the 2019 Sox. I'm pretty bullish on their talent. I never really bought the Machado/Harper stuff. I was starting to believe though 4 weeks ago. There are plenty of things to be positive about, despite Machado/Harper not coming here. I don't think you'd ever hear BWC talk that positively about the Hawks. LOL. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Moncada's going to break out in 2019, Eloy is going to come up and rake, Rodon is going to pitch like at least a #2, Lopez is going to put up 3+WAR and Giolito isn't going to suck anymore. These are all things I believe about the 2019 Sox. I'm pretty bullish on their talent. I never really bought the Machado/Harper stuff. I was starting to believe though 4 weeks ago. There are plenty of things to be positive about. 

There you go. I still dont know why you think SD got Machado. I've seen nothing about that. I still think he's coming here.

I want Machado as much as anyone.  But people, this is starting to beg the question...

Who is signing who, here? 

If signing him means absolutely crippling your organization with all the opt outs being the player’s, no team opt outs till much later—and drastically overpaying his value by a hundred million dollars...do you still want that just to say you have a superstar?  Baltimore was awful with him because there was no team around him.  That might be the case here if our prospects fizzle and all the risk of signing him falls on the team.

And if our FO decides NOT to cripple itself and go overboard with risk to win this, do you really think they’ll be fired for doing what’s right and what could mean more success for the future of the team long-term?!  Fired for doing what we’d do or what we would want them to do?  

Sign him if it makes sense but don’t turn us into the Marlins in 3 years because you have to please a starving fan base that knows less than we’d like to believe.  

A Yogi Berra-esque thought:

Don’t be out-bid, but to some extent, it’s OK to be drastically out-risked.  

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres