Jon Jay finally assigned for rehab in AA

bmags

Then let him hang around the clubhouse.  I am 0% interested in ever seeing him bat in an actual MLB game for the White Sox.  He is useless to this rebuild imho.

Edited by wegner
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/1135605184040755200

Jokes aside, he's a good clubhouse guy and I hope he produces while our young players learn.

Not entirely sure how he even fits on our Major League roster right now. 

He is rather pointless to this team. Not only can't I see dropping an outfielder for him, I'd rather see Palka up as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Then let him hang around the clubhouse.  I am 0% interested in ever seeing him bat in an actual MLB game for the White Sox.  He is useless to this rebuild imho.

Tilson and Cordell are useful players and CF is covered with Leury, who is now at .9fWAR and playing a nice CF.  Jay should be put out to pasture.  Just cut him.  I'd rather have Cordell.

• Like 3

Charlie is nice but he has a .270 ba with a .370 BABIP, he has a terribly small iso, and if or when his batting average drops he will not be particularly good.

Jon Jay if he looks good would be nice depth and allow leury to play around a bit more.

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Tilson and Cordell are useful players and CF is covered with Leury, who is now at .9fWAR and playing a nice CF.  Jay should be put out to pasture.  Just cut him.  I'd rather have Cordell.

I agree and would like to see Cordell get more playing time in Chicago instead of Charlotte. 

5 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Last four full years: .272/.337/.351/.698 no thank you

FWIW, he'd be tied for 4th on the team in OBP.  I too would rather just roll with Tilson and Cordell and see what we have, but he could be slight upgrade on those 2.  That being said, he has no future in this org, and those two may (albeit a small chance).  

Let him go on his rehab.  Maybe he'll be needed due to injury when he's ready. If not, just release him. Or let him play for a couple weeks and see if someone who take the ~$2M off our hands, and then bring Tilson back.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

There really is no good reason to waste at bats on this guy.  He hit the Hahn lotto.  Now stay home and enjoy the $4 million.

This says it all. Why in the hell would this guy take the place of any of the reasonably young guys? Eat the money and let some contender pick him up for scraps.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

This says it all. Why in the hell would this guy take the place of any of the reasonably young guys? Eat the money and let some contender pick him up for scraps.

Would the Sox have the guts to release when all is said and done THREE of Hahn's off season signings? Santana, Alonso and Jay? Me thinks not. It makes it very plain to see how bad the front office is (and they don't like to be embarrassed that way).

Not happening

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Would the Sox have the guts to release when all is said and done THREE of Hahn's off season signings? Santana, Alonso and Jay? Me thinks not. It makes it very plain to see how bad the front office is (and they don't like to be embarrassed that way).

Not happening

That same front office found McCann & Colome.   Cut RH some slack.

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

That same front office found McCann & Colome.   Cut RH some slack.

They didn't "find" Colome, they traded for him. A guy who led the league if I remember correctly in saves a few years ago. Some "find."

I certainly give them McCann but as others have posted here the organizations history of free agent signings the past several years has been dismal (at best...) starting with Keppinger and working from there.