White Sox vs Nationals 7:10 CT Despaigne vs Anibal Sanchez

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

stone would be a better manager than rick based on his commentary.  he knows you can't ask guys to do things (like bunt) that they aren't capable of.

He seems to think well of Omar Visquel.

Just now, Chris Sale said:

The McCannon fires again!

See, that's the thing that the average fan doesn't take into consideration in All-Star voting. They just vote in Sanchez because he's a Yankee and his power numbers. Ignoring the absurdly big difference between McCann and Sanchez defensively. McCann runs circles around him. 

Just now, Chris Sale said:

Alleged by him though, right? 

yea some accounts are he was just hungover as shit from partying the night before as he forgot he had to pitch and that any acid he took was quite a bit prior, although he could have still been under the influence.  still a pretty cool story.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

yea some accounts are he was just hungover as shit from partying the night before as he forgot he had to pitch and that any acid he took was quite a bit prior, although he could have still been under the influence.  still a pretty cool story.

Yeah, his account of the 24 hours leading up to the game and then the game itself seemed pretty far out there. That doesn't make it false - it could be 100% accurate. However, I get the feeling it's one of those stories that grew and grew every time it was told for years. Started with a baseline of truth, but by the time Ellis told it in that interview it had a life of its own. 

I remember wild nights where my friends and I were already exaggerating the extent of it no more than 24 hours later. That shit happens...

I really hope that it's 100% factual, though. I think we all do. lol

Edited by Richie