Yolmer non-tendered

Princess Dye

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Well good thing then that neither of these three will be on the team next year. 

Yolmer could still be back btw. no team is going to tender him a contract for his arb price

I think you are correct, but I would be shocked if no one claimed him and tried to work something  out before the tender deadline. Mike Zunino got $4,5 million. Yolmer might get close to that.

Outrighting him now makes perfect sense if they wanted to work out a new deal with him -- every team just solidified their 40-man in preparation for the Rule 5 draft. A team would have to like him more than either someone they just protected or whoever it is they planned to try to snag in the draft for them to make a claim.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Outrighting him now makes perfect sense if they wanted to work out a new deal with him -- every team just solidified their 40-man in preparation for the Rule 5 draft. A team would have to like him more than either someone they just protected or whoever it is they planned to try to snag in the draft for them to make a claim.

Why would they have to place him on outright waivers to work out a new deal?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I wouldn't mind grabbing a LH depth piece with some pop.

Oh you mean like Moustakas ? There's Brock Holt still out there and Kendrick and Starlin Castrio and Kipnis etc etc  but none really fit the LH bench piece with pop if you mean could hit 35 HR's like Moose or if you mean more like a true bench piece who hits around 10 .

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Oh you mean like Moustakas ? There's Brock Holt still out there and Kendrick and Starlin Castrio and Kipnis etc etc  but none really fit the LH bench piece with pop if you mean could hit 35 HR's like Moose or if you mean more like a true bench piece who hits around 10 .

Moustakas doesn’t work well with the addition of Grandal.  I’d rather go with someone Gwinnett who can play some OF at least and will be way cheaper.

1 hour ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Well good thing then that neither of these three will be on the team next year. 

Yolmer could still be back btw. no team is going to tender him a contract for his arb price

Yolmer back with us a 4 million wouldn't surprise me in the least.  He is a good backup infielder.  Just not worth 6 million.