4-19 GT: Sox @ Boston (10:10am)

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

nice start Lucas, smh.  they're all over his changeup like flies on shit.  that's on Grandal

The amount of bad takes you post is quite stunning. 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yea your stance on Vaughn kind of shocked me. Normally we think a lot alike. I was really surprised so many wanted him to play every day  and thought he was going to get an extension before the season started. I was pummeled on here for going the opposite way on both.

I never really shared much of an opinion on an extension.  He's a 1B/DH (at least we thought) that we could control for 7 seasons.  Don't really see the point in extending Vaughn.  I just would have started him at the alt site and called him up this coming weekend.  Then we'd have the extra year.  My stance was moreso if he is on the MLB roster, the dude should be playing most everyday.  I still feel that way - but he's really scuffling, so I am OK with giving him a few more off days while he figures it out.  He should still be playing some of the time, though.  And his transition to LF has going very well IMO.  He looks solid out there.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Hmm it says the back end of that April 23rd home stand. Interesting. Kind of coincides with the start of the minor league season if true. So if true, I have to think that if that's when Engel is coming back it's also when Vaughn is being sent down so Vaughn's got about 10 days to show more than he has even though Lamb and Hamilton might take some of his AB's.

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

Get the pen up, like now, or TLR can manage another game like "it's early, wins don't matter" 

With a bullpen game coming up Wednesday, I think the Sox have to have Gio go 6 no matter how bad he is. Doesn't matter if you lose by 1 or 10.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Belt high changeups is what Giollito gets outs on. However, the guy had not taken the bat off his shoulders on two fastballs down the middle.  Go with a high fastball there and make him try to catch up to it. 

Fair enough.  I just fully expect a changeup from Gio when he has an 0-2 count.  It's what he gets guys to whiff on a lot.