Tigers @ Sox

Kyyle23

Just now, bmags said:

My favorite article was a review of that trade that showed the sox package would have actually been the best for the Marlins, though obviously at the time the tigers blew everyone away. I feel like that trade def puts us in in 2012, and in 2010 as well, when we cratered after manny ramirez corpse was acquired.

Weren't we not willing to take back Dontrelle Willis and that was a dealbreaker for the Marlins? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Weren't we not willing to take back Dontrelle Willis and that was a dealbreaker for the Marlins? 

Yeah I think package was basically agreed to and then haggling over money owed let Dombrowski and Illitch sweep in.

Pretty sure Illitch made back the money by taking MIGUEL FREAKING CABRERA jerry. Oh well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

They are god awful with almost nothing to show for 5 years of rebuilding.  They only need about half a dozen position players and maybe they could win 80 games sometime soon.  Their young pitching looks busty.  Mize has gone from a can't miss ace to a guy you hope is a solid 3rd starter.

Illitch really made the rebuild hard for them. He was spending a ton to see one more WS before he dies which is a good thing but this extended the core for too long so they had a lot of untraceable contracts of old guys that they could neither trade for assets nor even dump for nothing. 

Their young pitching hasn't Done great either so far but I wouldn't write them off either. 

Still a risky thing to focus the rebuild so much on pitching which is kinda the opposite of the epstein model and can lead to a ton of attrition due to injuries compared to focussing more on hitters. 

If it does work though it can be great because you safe a ton of money as good SP is so expensive but the risk is big. 

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I prefer doing a BABALITY and turning them into kittens. 

Ok this may be good for the video game generational but doesn't work well at the ball park  when hateful chants for the opponents are required . You want cuddly kittens I prefer roadkill ! Fuck Detroit !

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ok this may be good for the video game generational but doesn't work well at the ball park  when hateful chants for the opponents are required . You want cuddly kittens I prefer roadkill ! Fuck Detroit !

Therapy rabbit has entered the thread. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Ah crap... a 7pm CST start. Whipper snappers!

What's wrong with that ? Perfect 5 PM start time in California . Too late for a nap , too early to keep you awake pasted your bedtime. You might be on the road coming home from work but I like starting the games late from the beginning on the MLB app so I can skip commercials and catch up to the game right around the 8th inning if its close.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

What's wrong with that ? Perfect 5 PM start time in California . Too late for a nap , too early to keep you awake pasted your bedtime. You might be on the road coming home from work but I like starting the games late from the beginning on the MLB app so I can skip commercials and catch up to the game right around the 8th inning if its close.

I would like a world where White Sox baseball starts at 10am, 1pm, and 5pm... where are players have tireless ability and play 486 games a year.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

I would like a world where White Sox baseball starts at 10am, 1pm, and 5pm... where are players have tireless ability and play 486 games a year.

Ha with the pace of the game they’d be lucky to get in double headers. They might be able to get that 1 pm game to start by 2 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Ha with the pace of the game they’d be lucky to get in double headers. They might be able to get that 1 pm game to start by 2 😂

I’m willing to make concessions... 9am 2:30pm 8pm

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hi8is said:

The Commissioner would be willing to give it a go.  Anything to change the game from what it has been.

• Like 1

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Has anyone been to a game this season yet? With COVID protocols what’s been different or what should I expect when heading to the game tonight?

I went to game v Indians.  Each section of seats are spaced out.  There was 4 of us.........then 2 empty seats in between us and the next fans.

All seats are spaced out.  You are designated a section and you can go to concessions in that area.  My kids were able to go to other sections by showing tickets but everything is pretty much separated out.  Don't bring cash.......card only.  

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Has anyone been to a game this season yet? With COVID protocols what’s been different or what should I expect when heading to the game tonight?

I went last Friday!  The park is roped off into pods.  So you have to enter in a certain entrance by where your seats are.  Took a couple stops to figure that out before we'd be let in.  Also, if you're going with a wife/gf, make sure they don't bring a bag.  Saw plenty inside, but they wouldn't like my wife in with a small purse and she had to walk in back to the car.  Other than that - pretty much the same, but it sure sucked not being able to get my favorite Sox Park food in the elote since it wasn't in my pod! 

4 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I went to game v Indians.  Each section of seats are spaced out.  There was 4 of us.........then 2 empty seats in between us and the next fans.

All seats are spaced out.  You are designated a section and you can go to concessions in that area.  My kids were able to go to other sections by showing tickets but everything is pretty much separated out.  Don't bring cash.......card only.  

Do you have to wear your mask the entire time? Like if you're just sitting at your seat?

Edit: watching the game this weekend, it didn't look like anyone was wearing a mask at their seats so I assume that's good.

Edited by manbearpuig

3 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Do you have to wear your mask the entire time? Like if you're just sitting at your seat?

Edit: watching the game this weekend, it didn't look like anyone was wearing a mask at their seats so I assume that's good.

Nah, just when up and walking around tho I saw plenty not wearing them there too.  

• Like 1