6/5| White Sox vs Tigers | 1:10PM CT | NBCSC

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

He was Tony‘s guy IIRC, something something grinder bullshit. It’s not like the other corner options have lit the world on fire either though. I don’t think Springer has played a game yet even if we include unrealistic options.

Eaton was meant to be a platoon option playing 3-4 times a week.  Nobody fucking saw Robert, Eloy and Engel (and now Hamilton) on the shelf.  You can't plan for that shit, it's just bad luck.  Team is still in 1st place and Eaton has positive WAR last time I checked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Eaton was meant to be a platoon option playing 3-4 times a week.  Nobody fucking saw Robert, Eloy and Engel (and now Hamilton) on the shelf.  You can't plan for that shit, it's just bad luck.  Team is still in 1st place and Eaton has positive WAR last time I checked.

Giolito not pitching like an ace and being loose with the change-up doesn’t help.

We knew coming into today that Schoop and Haase were their hot hitters.

Plus, Skubal has good raw stuff, but Sox hitters also 50% responsible for getting themselves out...well, in addition to the sac bunting.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, y2chae said:

Bunting against a Derek Holland who looked like he had nothing left, just awful managing.  That seemed to kill all the momentum for the rest of the game too. 

time and place for most things and it was so obvious that Detroit couldn't get an out right there and that the pressure was all on them.  The bunt just let all that pressure off. but give some credit to Detroit they have some good young pitching and they are playing some pretty competent baseball.  

Edited by chitownsportsfan

23 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

He was Tony‘s guy IIRC, something something grinder bullshit. It’s not like the other corner options have lit the world on fire either though. I don’t think Springer has played a game yet even if we include unrealistic options.

Eaton gave an interview when he got signed something about Hahn telling him he been looking at him since the year prior, fluf, fluf, etc. 

I don’t think he was a guy Tony told Hahn to go out and get, but now that he’s here the grindyness is too much to contain 

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Tony got a little pissed when asked about the bunt. Says it was the right play. Tony a bit ornery being questioned. 

Yep, I heard it and he did not like that question one bit.  He made it very clear we are going to see the bunting all season.

17 minutes ago, y2chae said:

Bunting against a Derek Holland who looked like he had nothing left, just awful managing.  That seemed to kill all the momentum for the rest of the game too. 

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Yep, I heard it and he did not like that question one bit.  He made it very clear we are going to see the bunting all season.

Awful rally killer.  We are better off if TLR stays out of in game management and let his bench and pitching coaches manage the game. He can take a nap whilethisisgoing on.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

He then better get some bunting drills going.  Wedonthave many good bunters in the team.

33 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Tony LaRussa is on pace to give away two full games worth of outs by sac bunting this year. 

Very disappointing.  Thought my suffering with Sox manager decisions had stopped after Ventura and Ricky, but alas here come TLR even more exasperating!

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, pcq said:

Don't quote me but Adam will be ready to rock Sept 1 and Yoelqui to!!

He might not even have played in any minor league games by then, and Robert/Jimenez will be nearing returns.  Something will have to go (even more) terribly wrong to see Cespedes at the big league level this year. 

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic