08/17 Game Thread: Oakland Athletics at Sox 7:10 NBCSN

Buehrle>Wood

28 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

What is the record with Collins?

Collins: 24-22 in games started at catcher.
Grandal: 31-21 in games started at catcher.
Zavala: 14-7 in games started at catcher.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

White Sox W-L Record - Games Played

The point from me wasn't, we need Grandal in the lineup, so the quoted stats above are skewed. The point was, we need Grandal BEHIND THE PLATE, and clearly, stats support that.

40 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Has anyone ever sat in the Scout Seats? If so how was the experience?  I was thinking about pulling the trigger soon. (I see tickets in the $250-$300 range on stubhub) 

They’re awesome. I purchased two at that price before and did not regret it one bit.

9 minutes ago, mqr said:

I don't need to look at the stats to tell you that's true, he was outrageous for a minute there

there were a couple weeks where it seemed he had three true outcomes:

1) BB

2) HR

3) a 10 pitch AB for an out that really stressed the pitcher

He was en fuego.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

there were a couple weeks where it seemed he had three true outcomes:

1) BB

2) HR

3) a 10 pitch AB for an out that really stressed the pitcher

He was en fuego.

I think that skill of his is the final piece of the puzzle for our lineup.  

Last year I felt like the Sox chased most starting pitchers after 3-4 IP

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Has anyone ever sat in the Scout Seats? If so how was the experience?  I was thinking about pulling the trigger soon. (I see tickets in the $250-$300 range on stubhub) 

Do not do Scout Seats this season. Wait till next year.

The appeal of Scout Seats is the beautiful, massive lounge with all that food, clean washrooms, bar, etc. That lounge is closed this season as MLB forced the Sox to use it as a visitor’s locker room. It’ll reopen next year.

So instead you are redirected to the RF club lounge if you want to eat, where the food is a fraction of what it was under normal Scout Seats.

Another thing that made normal Scout Seats great was the employees (the guy who looked like Bernie Mac was a staple - I sadly haven’t seen him anywhere this year, hope he’s still with the Sox) and sometimes former players would be there too (Minnie, Frank, etc). 

2 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I think that skill of his is the final piece of the puzzle for our lineup.  

Last year I felt like the Sox chased most starting pitchers after 3-4 IP

When Grandal is healthy and other guys are locked in and we don't have any automatic outs I agree.  Hard to consistently work the pitcher with 2-3 black holes in the lineup.

10 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Do not do Scout Seats this season. Wait till next year.

The appeal of Scout Seats is the beautiful, massive lounge with all that food, clean washrooms, bar, etc. That lounge is closed this season as MLB forced the Sox to use it as a visitor’s locker room. It’ll reopen next year.

So instead you are redirected to the RF club lounge if you want to eat, where the food is a fraction of what it was under normal Scout Seats.

Another thing that made normal Scout Seats great was the employees (the guy who looked like Bernie Mac was a staple - I sadly haven’t seen him anywhere this year, hope he’s still with the Sox) and sometimes former players would be there too (Minnie, Frank, etc). 

Ok thanks for the info. I was planning on taking full advantage of the full bar and buffet. (Would put a substantial dent in the ticket price, more than half). When you say the RF club lounge do you mean the one on the suite level overlooking the field? If so that's quite a walk every time you want a drink or food...

Edited by DoUEvenShift

16 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Ah didn’t know this… in that case totally wait. One of the best parts was having the gates open for you 3 hours before game time and having all of that time to eat a fully fresh cooked buffet which if I recall, even had a meat carving station featuring prime rib.

If you have the correct appetite you can easily eat your $250 ticket into the green. 😆

5 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Ok thanks for the info. I was planning on taking full advantage of the full bar and buffet. (Would put a substantial dent in the ticket price, more than half). When you say the RF club lounge do you mean the one on the suite level overlooking the field? If so that's quite a walk every time you want a drink or food...

Yes, it’s the suite level overlooking RF. The buffet is about 25% of what it was with normal Scout Seats. It’s not worth the money this year. 

This year, you enter the ballpark normally (as opposed to that exclusive Scout Seat quick entrance at ground level) and take an elevator down behind home plate-ish to get your wristband, except that elevator takes forever. After you get your wristband, you take an elevator all the way up to access the RF suites. 

• Like 1

Just now, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Yes, it’s the suite level overlooking RF. The buffet is about 25% of what it was with normal Scout Seats. It’s not worth the money this year. 

This year, you enter the ballpark normally (as opposed to that exclusive Scout Seat quick entrance at ground level) and take an elevator down behind home plate-ish to get your wristband, except that elevator takes forever. After you get your wristband, you take an elevator all the way up to access the RF suites. 

The fact that the illustrious M&M Jacket Dude isn’t sitting in the scout seats this year speaks volumes. 😆

Always follow the M&M Jacket Dude’s lead.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

When Grandal is healthy and other guys are locked in and we don't have any automatic outs I agree.  Hard to consistently work the pitcher with 2-3 black holes in the lineup.

Like tonight when we have 2 black holes with Lamb and Collins and one one gray hole with Goodwin.

3 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

I hypothesized his transportation related revenues took a big hit the last 1-1/2 years.

I always thought he was some partner at Mars Corp

Edited by hi8is