Sox sign 2B Josh Harrison (1 yr, 5.5M; club option; 1.5M buyout)

Whisox05

Just now, TomPickle said:

I guess you guys were right and you can just go out and sign a Madrigal like 2B for nothing.

Screenshot_20220312-183123~2.png

At least OAA likes his defense. His xBA was good too, which is odd given how bad his hard hit and EV numbers were. 

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

He has been awful in the AL.

Yeah he was awful with Oakland after they traded for him. This has Adam Eaton signing written all over it. We're gonna pay this guy $7 million to put up at most 1 WAR.

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

My thoughts. Harrison / Leury is fine in the 9 hole if Conforto is signed. If no RF is signed, I hate it. 

Yeah - I don’t hate the move. But I’d rather just save the money. They better upgrade somewhere cause they are spending a lot of money on Mediocrity. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He was even worse with Detroit in 2019.

...in 36 games.

I hated the Eaton signing but I don't mind this. Even if he does fall off a cliff someone among Leury, Mendick, and Romy should be able to provide competent play. This gives them another option for $7 mil. As long as this and Kelly aren't the final two moves it's fine in my opinion.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

So they traded away a club controlled guy and a likely 2.5 WAR 2B for some b**** ass overpaid guy that can't pitch non 9th scenarios  who they now are trading for .50 on the dollar  in order to spend the first moves of the offeason trying to FILL THOSE HOLES ON THE CHEAP.

FFS.

I wouldn’t worry about the order of these things. Not a single significant offensive player has signed since the lockout ended.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

So they traded away a club controlled guy and a likely 2.5 WAR 2B for some b**** ass overpaid guy that can't pitch non 9th scenarios  who they now are trading for .50 on the dollar  in order to spend the first moves of the offeason trying to FILL THOSE HOLES ON THE CHEAP.

FFS.

TBF, there aren’t exactly a plethora of 2B on the FA market. Sadly, Harrison was one of the better options. 

Doesn’t make trading Madrigal for an overpaid reliever any better. But it’s not like the FA marker was flush with better options. 

Just sign Conforto and Idgaf who plays 2B. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I wouldn’t worry about the order of these things. Not a single significant offensive player has signed since the lockout ended.

I'm not getting upset about this until I find out who is starting in RF.

• Thanks 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Sox sign 2B Josh Harrison (1 yr, 5.5M; club option; 1.5M buyout)
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic